Is it ok to Breast feed for only 4 weeks then switch to Formula?

breast pump 4 weeks
 on Feeding my 4 month Old when Returning to Work
breast pump 4 weeks image



flowergirl


i only have 6 weeks off for maternity leave at work and i want to breast feed my baby. Is it ok to breast feed for say around 4 weeks and then switch to formula. I want my baby to get use to the formula before i go back to work? i don't want to pump either.


Answer
I was in the exact same situation as you, and if you are anything like I was, you will change your mind once you see/experience how fulfilling and beautiful breastfeeding is.

I had six weeks off. I was dead-set on ONLY nursing for 4 weeks, then taking the last two weeks to wean him off. Even at week 4, when things were JUST getting into a routine and my milk was established/etc. I was still certain I was going to start weaning him. Well, my first day of work came and went...and I realized how much i missed it! So, I went and bought a $300 Medela, and continued to breastfeed/pump (pumped 3-4 times a day) nursed in the mornings and at night, for 8 whole months. Trust me, he was used to formula. He had formula from week 4 and on, in order to suppliment while I got adjusted to pumping.

I changed my mind, and you might too. Make sure to keep an open mind to it all, if you find it as rewarding as I did, you might just decide to pump...ya never know!

Best wishes. And to answer your question, yes, even for 4 weeks would be beneficial for baby.

How soon after finishing breast feeding will your period return?




jay l


I was breast feeding exclusively for 6 weeks and then supplementing while pumping for an additional 4 weeks. My little one weaned herself (much to my dismay) and then eventually refused my pumped milk a few weeks ago. I have not got my period yet nor have I felt any symptoms of it coming. My husband and I have been using protection; but I'm not sure if the regular ovulation signs will even return. Can anyone help ease my mind? Thank you very much.


Answer
Yes, and ten times worse then before.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar