seriously:
I bought one at Walmart, but it doesn't work for me, I pumped for 20 minutes and got a half ounce. Well unfortunately the store can't take it back and the company can't refund it either. I hate it and will never use it again. I paid $80 for it. Should I advertise it and see if someone wants to buy it. I know I will never the the $80 back from it, but do you think anyone would be interested in buying one if they didn't have the money to buy a brand new one?
I tried to take it back and the register ask if the seal on the box has been broken and when they hit the yes button, it refuses to let them to return it. The pump works, it must just be me not producing enough milk. I'm NOT trying to sell a broken pump, BF IS JUST NOT FOR ME.
Tamara, you make a really good point. I just wondered how people would feel about buying a used one from someone they didn't know. Hopefully I can either use it in the future or find someone that knows me I can maybe give it too that can't afford one. I just hate for it to go to waste. Like I said I only used it once and it just wouldn't pump my milk. I know I have my milk because my breasts are so engorged and hurt like crazy.
Answer
It may not be the pump, it may be your expectations. Try pumping after the first morning feeding that you are up for. If you do it on a daily basis for a week, you should gradually get a bit more milk. But remember, you are pumping *after* a feeding, so you shouldn't expect a great deal of milk. depending on the age of your baby, you might get enough in 2 days for one feeding.
This is not a pump that should be reused by another person. And I find it interesting that you want to sell a pump that "doesn't work".
EDIT: here's a little secret: If you make a big enough fuss, I bet the company will take it back. tell them it's so faulty that you'll never use it and you want your money back, and send a copy of the receipt.
It may not be the pump, it may be your expectations. Try pumping after the first morning feeding that you are up for. If you do it on a daily basis for a week, you should gradually get a bit more milk. But remember, you are pumping *after* a feeding, so you shouldn't expect a great deal of milk. depending on the age of your baby, you might get enough in 2 days for one feeding.
This is not a pump that should be reused by another person. And I find it interesting that you want to sell a pump that "doesn't work".
EDIT: here's a little secret: If you make a big enough fuss, I bet the company will take it back. tell them it's so faulty that you'll never use it and you want your money back, and send a copy of the receipt.
Where is the best place to buy a cheap but good electric breast pump?
sweetjoa76
Answer
I've had 2 children and the absolute BEST breast pumps I have ever used were the ones at the hospital..the Medela brand pumps. Now, you can't get one of those hospital-grade versions for less than a thousand dollars, HOWEVER, there are tons of Medela dealers who will rent you one of the smaller (and just as awesome) versions on a monthly basis.
Go to www.medela.com. There are links to help you find a dealer near you. You can also call 1-800-TELL-YOU from the U.S. or Canada for help with this.
The reason the Medela pumps are so great is their suction mechanism is designed to mimic a baby's suckling pattern. They don't destroy your nipples and you get more milk (in my own personal experience) and a bigger 'letdown' at the beginning of the pumping session. Whatever you do, do not use the First Years pumps. They are harsh and can damage your nipples. (I had one with my first baby and threw it out.)
Best of luck!!
I've had 2 children and the absolute BEST breast pumps I have ever used were the ones at the hospital..the Medela brand pumps. Now, you can't get one of those hospital-grade versions for less than a thousand dollars, HOWEVER, there are tons of Medela dealers who will rent you one of the smaller (and just as awesome) versions on a monthly basis.
Go to www.medela.com. There are links to help you find a dealer near you. You can also call 1-800-TELL-YOU from the U.S. or Canada for help with this.
The reason the Medela pumps are so great is their suction mechanism is designed to mimic a baby's suckling pattern. They don't destroy your nipples and you get more milk (in my own personal experience) and a bigger 'letdown' at the beginning of the pumping session. Whatever you do, do not use the First Years pumps. They are harsh and can damage your nipples. (I had one with my first baby and threw it out.)
Best of luck!!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar