electric breast pump no milk image
(-ziggster
First time mom and i don't wanna go all out on an expensive one, i just want a good priced electric breast pump to buy....any model or brand names would be helpful, and is it comfortable to use?
Answer
Get it from a medical supply company like "Apria" you can get a medela pump for half the price of what target or babiesrus sells them for. Also, look into your medical insurance, sometimes they are covered if you have a need for them. You have to get the pediatrician to write the script for you. It has to be something where your baby actually needs you to pump. Such as if they are in ICU, have a cleft lip, etc. I got insurance to cover mine b/c I had GD and my baby was born with very low sugars and had to be given formula immediately. This caused me to have problems with my milk coming in. So the pediatrican wrote a script for me to get a pump.
Get it from a medical supply company like "Apria" you can get a medela pump for half the price of what target or babiesrus sells them for. Also, look into your medical insurance, sometimes they are covered if you have a need for them. You have to get the pediatrician to write the script for you. It has to be something where your baby actually needs you to pump. Such as if they are in ICU, have a cleft lip, etc. I got insurance to cover mine b/c I had GD and my baby was born with very low sugars and had to be given formula immediately. This caused me to have problems with my milk coming in. So the pediatrican wrote a script for me to get a pump.
How do I increase my breast milk supply?
*!`shenayn
I want to increase my breast milk supply. I use a double electric breast pump and I don't pump at night because my baby sleep all through the night but I try to pump right before bed and when I wake up, while my baby is still sleeping! How often should i pump? Should I maybe start having a pump session through the night? Is there anything I can do as far as eating and drinking that can help? Any tips would be awesome! Thanks :)
Answer
If you can, pump once in the middle of the night. Have the pump set up beside your bed, and just sit up and pump for about 15 minutes. Put the bottle in the fridge, and go back to sleep. During the day, put your baby to the breast more often. I read on kellymom.com that the best way to increase your supply is to nurse more often, even if its for comfort. I was having a really hard time increasing my supply until I tried that method. If my daughter got antsy and just wanted to suck for comfort, instead of giving her a binkie, I let her nurse. I put her to the breast about 4 more times than normal, and within a couple of days my supply started to really increase. And increased more when I started pumping once a day. Good luck, you're doing a good job!
If you can, pump once in the middle of the night. Have the pump set up beside your bed, and just sit up and pump for about 15 minutes. Put the bottle in the fridge, and go back to sleep. During the day, put your baby to the breast more often. I read on kellymom.com that the best way to increase your supply is to nurse more often, even if its for comfort. I was having a really hard time increasing my supply until I tried that method. If my daughter got antsy and just wanted to suck for comfort, instead of giving her a binkie, I let her nurse. I put her to the breast about 4 more times than normal, and within a couple of days my supply started to really increase. And increased more when I started pumping once a day. Good luck, you're doing a good job!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar