Q. With my first child I got to use a Medela Electric pump borrowed from the WIC office and i really liked it but they only let you keep it for so long. So I bought a Lansinoh breast pump but my boobs/nipples were too big for the cup size thing and i couldn't tke it back and i couldn't find any bigger cups for it.
Now i'm pregnant with my 2nd child and I'm wondering if its worth it to try to buy another pump and if so, do you think spending hundreds of dollars on the Medela is worth it or is there another pump i could try?
Now i'm pregnant with my 2nd child and I'm wondering if its worth it to try to buy another pump and if so, do you think spending hundreds of dollars on the Medela is worth it or is there another pump i could try?
Answer
Yes, if you want to keep your milk supply going, the next best thing to hospital grade pump is Madela Pump in Style Advance double electric pump (make sure you get the double pump, it encourages milk flow when two breasts are stimulated together)
Yes, if you want to keep your milk supply going, the next best thing to hospital grade pump is Madela Pump in Style Advance double electric pump (make sure you get the double pump, it encourages milk flow when two breasts are stimulated together)
Question re pumping breast milk?
kiddos
With my first child, now 10 1/2 mos, I attempted to pump -- only with a manual pump -- and was unsuccessful. I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I wasn't too worried. My daughter never took a bottle and went straight to a cup. I'm still nursing, but hope to wean within the next few mos b/c I'm pregnant with #2 - due in Dec. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to pump this next time. My question is this -- I'm a petite woman and am now a small B cup. Would smaller breast size have affected my ability to successfully pump? I just never felt like a got a good seal with the manual pump. I've been offered one of the Medela pumps for a fraction of the sale price and wonder if this better brand might help with the pumping. I'm willing to go see a lactation consultant, too. Any insight or recommendations would be very much appreciated!
Answer
My sister in law is adamant about only using a Medela electric one, and I have both the double plug into the wall kind, and the single hand pump, and I only got about 5 drops with the manual. The electric makes a world of difference, it's great. I'm about the same size as you probably, and I also didn't get as good of a latch with the hand pump. With the (I think it's the Pump in Style) you can adjust the suction and the speed, so that helps quite a bit. Also with hospitals, and WIC, (and possibly a lactation consultant) for example, they have programs where you may be able to try a hospital grade pump.
I only spend 15 minutes or so pumping and it is very convenient. It's cheaper to buy a nice pump than to buy formula, and I think Medela's the best brand. Good luck!
My sister in law is adamant about only using a Medela electric one, and I have both the double plug into the wall kind, and the single hand pump, and I only got about 5 drops with the manual. The electric makes a world of difference, it's great. I'm about the same size as you probably, and I also didn't get as good of a latch with the hand pump. With the (I think it's the Pump in Style) you can adjust the suction and the speed, so that helps quite a bit. Also with hospitals, and WIC, (and possibly a lactation consultant) for example, they have programs where you may be able to try a hospital grade pump.
I only spend 15 minutes or so pumping and it is very convenient. It's cheaper to buy a nice pump than to buy formula, and I think Medela's the best brand. Good luck!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar