Finding the right flange size for a breast pump without having to buy unnecessary extra parts?

breast pump flanges
 on Apr 2012 Breast -feeding and pumping  Consider simple techniques ...
breast pump flanges image



Trust me,


Many of the flanges that breast pumps come with are for "normal"-sized nipples, but what exactly is "normal"-sized? How is a woman supposed to know how "big" small, normal, and large nipples are? Can this be quanitified, maybe in millimeters or inches?
Mature answers only please.



Answer
I use Medela products and you can buy flanges seperate. They come 2 in a box and in different sizes, and they are in mm's-

The "standard" size is 24mm and I have to use the 27mm as I do not have "standard" sized breasts lol-

How should a breast pump fit?




FTM EDD Ju


I own an Ameda breast pump and it comes in all different sizes for your breast. There is an instruction booklet that says you should use the flange(I think that is what it is?) that when it is sucking your nipple does tough any part of the tube.
Well, lately I am woried the one I am using is too small since the base of my nipple touches the tube but the upper part doesn't? Should I use one where the sides of my nipple doesn't touch the tube at all? Becuase I do get discomfort with the smaller one.



Answer
If you are having discomfort with the small one, then you should definitely go up a size. There really is no right or wrong size, as long as you are comfortable and it is working as far as expressing the milk. Good luck! :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar