Proudest m
Hi. :) I'm 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I started dilating at 32 weeks pregnant. I was 1cm dilated, 50 percent effaced, and at -1 station for 5 weeks. At my appointment last Wednesday I was 3cm dilated. I can feel that my body wants to go into labor. I get contractions about 10 minutes apart constantly every day for about 3 days. I'm just so uncomfortable and ready to finally just have my son. I've heard and read that using a breast pump to stimulate my nipples may kick start the inevitable. Has anybody tried this successfully? If so how exactly did you do it? (like how long at what intervals)? Thank you so much for your help in advance!!!!!
Answer
Nipple stimulation is a safe way to try to help with your labor. Try walking more if you can. having sex or swimming to try to help you. When you go to your doctor for your next visit see if they will strip your membranes to try and help with your labor also. Had my stripped raked the front yard and took my other two on a walk. Went into labor that night. I had back labor and did not know I was in labor until I wen to the hospital the next morning. Was told my pains were not hard enough or my baby was moving to much to be born anytime soon. This was at 6am and delivered him at 7am.
You don't need a breast pump just stimulate your nipples.
Nipple stimulation is a safe way to try to help with your labor. Try walking more if you can. having sex or swimming to try to help you. When you go to your doctor for your next visit see if they will strip your membranes to try and help with your labor also. Had my stripped raked the front yard and took my other two on a walk. Went into labor that night. I had back labor and did not know I was in labor until I wen to the hospital the next morning. Was told my pains were not hard enough or my baby was moving to much to be born anytime soon. This was at 6am and delivered him at 7am.
You don't need a breast pump just stimulate your nipples.
breast pump to induce labor?
curiousin0
does this work? should i try it? should i save whatever comes out? please help!
Answer
You should NOT try to induce labor at home without the advice of a medical professional. Stimulating your nipples by pumping or using your hand to do so can cause very strong contractions that might come too quickly to be stopped before getting to a hospital. Nipple stimulation can cause your body to release oxcytocin which is what your body naturally releases when you go into labor, but since this was done before your body was ready to go into labor it can cause major problems. Also, you would not want to start pumping any milk/colostrum your body is producing because then your newborn would miss out on the health benefits colostrum provides them. If you are wanting to induce labor try walking or having sex. Since it didn't work for me, contact your doctor for further advice.
You should NOT try to induce labor at home without the advice of a medical professional. Stimulating your nipples by pumping or using your hand to do so can cause very strong contractions that might come too quickly to be stopped before getting to a hospital. Nipple stimulation can cause your body to release oxcytocin which is what your body naturally releases when you go into labor, but since this was done before your body was ready to go into labor it can cause major problems. Also, you would not want to start pumping any milk/colostrum your body is producing because then your newborn would miss out on the health benefits colostrum provides them. If you are wanting to induce labor try walking or having sex. Since it didn't work for me, contact your doctor for further advice.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar