electric breast pumps for rent image
Penny
Hello. I'm pregnant, due February 19. Unfortunately, I will have to switch to formula when my maternity leave ends when my baby is six weeks old. I'm a med student on a surgical rotation right now. Surgeries can be incredibly long and it's not like I can just leave in the middle to go pump so my only option is to switch to formula after I go back to work. To get the baby used to taking a bottle, I was thinking of exclusively pumping from birth. If I was going to buy a nice, electric breast pump, I would go with the Medela Pump In Style, but that can go for over $300. Then again, I can store that and use it for future babies. Is it cheaper to just buy an electric pump or rent a pump from the hospital and bill my health insurance? Thank you.
Answer
I would buy one since you can use it with other babies if you decide to have some in the future. the pump i got was the mii pump from the first years its only 75-150 depending on wear you buy it. its a really good pump i totally recommend it. i used it on my breast and i loved how the suction cups are Silicon not hard plastic, since my breast where so engorged it helped alot.
I would buy one since you can use it with other babies if you decide to have some in the future. the pump i got was the mii pump from the first years its only 75-150 depending on wear you buy it. its a really good pump i totally recommend it. i used it on my breast and i loved how the suction cups are Silicon not hard plastic, since my breast where so engorged it helped alot.
Do I really need a breast pump and bottles if I am going to breastfeed?
noseyparke
On the list of things to bring to the hospital for the day of delivery is breast pump and bottles. I am finding all the things I need to pay for overwhelming as it is, and I plan on breastfeeding. Do I really need a breast pump? Besides that, how do I know what kind of breast pump I will need in advance anyway (single or double pump)? That all depends on the situation, right? So how can I know these things in advance?
Answer
No, not really. I never had much success w/a pump. for some women the pump just doesn't work well. i never really had a 'let down' w/a pump like i would nursing and it just became SUCH a hassle to have to sterilize all that crap, when it was so much easier to pick up baby, and put him/her on breast. no fuss, no muss.
The pump i got was an electric one, that was also optional battery powered, and was a bit pricey. it was optional double pump as well. but i usually just did one side at a time when i did use it. (which was only when i had to leave baby home w/hubby during a feeding).
You could rent one from the hospital and try it out before you buy one. i wish i had done that, then i could have saved $175! sinice it never really worked for me.
No, not really. I never had much success w/a pump. for some women the pump just doesn't work well. i never really had a 'let down' w/a pump like i would nursing and it just became SUCH a hassle to have to sterilize all that crap, when it was so much easier to pick up baby, and put him/her on breast. no fuss, no muss.
The pump i got was an electric one, that was also optional battery powered, and was a bit pricey. it was optional double pump as well. but i usually just did one side at a time when i did use it. (which was only when i had to leave baby home w/hubby during a feeding).
You could rent one from the hospital and try it out before you buy one. i wish i had done that, then i could have saved $175! sinice it never really worked for me.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar