breast pump noise image
Create
I breast fed my babies for the first 6-8 months. I also pumped my breast milk into a bottle for my babies, while I was working. After their teeth came in, all of my babies were put on formula. I personally don't like to be bit. Ouch, those little teeth are sharp! Now my babies are 8, 7, 5, and 4. They are all very bright, healthy, happy, and doing well in school.
How many of you quit breast feeding after your baby bit you?
Answer
I didn't. I would shriek (involuntarily) and he would cry from the noise I made, and then I'd spend like 5 minutes calming him down and we'd nurse again. It didn't take too long for him to figure out to stop. When he was teething he'd always get a little bitey again, but we made it through. Still nursing at 2 years and now he certainly knows not to bite.
I didn't. I would shriek (involuntarily) and he would cry from the noise I made, and then I'd spend like 5 minutes calming him down and we'd nurse again. It didn't take too long for him to figure out to stop. When he was teething he'd always get a little bitey again, but we made it through. Still nursing at 2 years and now he certainly knows not to bite.
How do I perk up a dwindling milk supply?
tonetones0
My son is 6 months old and just started full time childcare a month or so ago. I didn't have a milk supply on hand and have been supplementing with formula. I'd really like to get him back on exclusivley breastmilk, but when I try to pump (I have a nice quality double-electric) it seems to take me forever to let down and just get a few ounces out. My body seems to be refusing to produce more. I drink lots of water... what else can I do? Any ideas? It seems like it's even dwindling at nighttime too! Thanks!
Answer
http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/increase.html
lost of answers at the above site -
But also think of your baby - have a photo - maybe record him crying when he is hungry - this is often a trigger for let down - also warm compresses on your breasts also help - i know this can be tough at work but if you have the privacy to express this usually can be worked out too.
Also Don't stress the amount too much as you first start only because it will take a bit of practice.
For night time feeding - try nursing him on one side and expressing the other then the next feeding swap breasts and do the same.
Some times the pump you are using - no matter the "quality" it's not right for you - I honestly found that the manual one that they sent me home with from the hospital was just as effective if not more so than the expensive electric one I'd used previously - that and lots less noise ... lol
that's another thing - are you comfy expressing - or are you self conscious that someone may hear you ? are you in a seated position in a relaxing chair?
Again I'd go back to the photos, sounds of your "hungry child" crying on your i-pod and also manual massage of the breasts to get let down to happen.
Best of luck to you
http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/increase.html
lost of answers at the above site -
But also think of your baby - have a photo - maybe record him crying when he is hungry - this is often a trigger for let down - also warm compresses on your breasts also help - i know this can be tough at work but if you have the privacy to express this usually can be worked out too.
Also Don't stress the amount too much as you first start only because it will take a bit of practice.
For night time feeding - try nursing him on one side and expressing the other then the next feeding swap breasts and do the same.
Some times the pump you are using - no matter the "quality" it's not right for you - I honestly found that the manual one that they sent me home with from the hospital was just as effective if not more so than the expensive electric one I'd used previously - that and lots less noise ... lol
that's another thing - are you comfy expressing - or are you self conscious that someone may hear you ? are you in a seated position in a relaxing chair?
Again I'd go back to the photos, sounds of your "hungry child" crying on your i-pod and also manual massage of the breasts to get let down to happen.
Best of luck to you
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar