Lola
I've had this breast pump for over 2 and a half months now, and I'm starting to hate it, so much!!!
I started workin FT 3 months ago, so of course I got one the best breast pumps there are, it really was great!!, but about a month ago it started losing suction, sometimes while I was pumping!, like I click for a good suction, and instead it goes all irregular doing 2, 3 or 4 tiny and irregular suctions, which, of course, don't get any milk out!, or maybe just tiny drops..., this started happening abt a month ago, but I didn't think it was such a big deal.. but it's getting worse, sometimes it just won't do any suctionat all (sometimes it does, except it starts acting crazy when I've already gotten abt 2 or 3 oz out..)
Help!, I don't know what to do, I even feel my body's failing to produce enough milk!, because of this f*cking sh*t not working!!!, plus my baby's almost 6 months, so with my baby's suction just twice a day and this thing failing sometimes.. I'm afraid of breastmilk going away
I nurse my baby in the morning, then off to work, where I pump 3 times, then come home and nurse him 1 more time, sometimes 2
I also used to pump abt 4 oz in the morning, my baby ate from one and I pumped the other, and got 4 oz.
Was I maybe using it too much?, I used to get between 4 and 7 oz every 3 hours, and now I get 2 oz whenever I pump, whether it is 3 hrs or 5, or 7!, just 2.. because this sh*t fails to keep going...
please help me!!! what can I do???
ps.... I absolutely do NOT recommend this thing, it's the philips avent twin electric breast pump
Answer
Call the company. The pump should still be within the warrantee period, and a customer service rep will probably be able to help you. But do it quickly, before it goes out of warrantee.
Call the company. The pump should still be within the warrantee period, and a customer service rep will probably be able to help you. But do it quickly, before it goes out of warrantee.
will a electric breast pump get my supply back up?
April
my daughter is 6 weeks old and she had problems latching on. im still working with her but she just got to use to the bottle. Ive been pumping with a manual one but it hasn't done much really and i really haven't been getting a lot. if i get a electric pump will it build my supply back up? and what else could i do or take to get it back up. i feel so guilty that she isn't getting the booby milk = [
Answer
Hugs to you, mama! I know what it's like to deal with a baby that prefers the bottle over breast. But we persevered and got through it and he nursed for 2 years! Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to this question. Your best bet is to get your baby back on the breast and, yes, it can be done! I've also known moms who exclusively pumped for months, even years, but it's SO much harder though still worth it to avoid the risks of artificial feeding. Once you get her back on the breast she will build your supply just fine - no pump will ever get out as much milk as a baby can. Please go to www.mothering.com/discussions and post in the "Breastfeeding Challenges" forum. The women there are very experienced and well educated on breastfeeding and many of us lactation educators/consultants frequent it. Another great resource is www.kellymom.com - just have a look around, she has many articles on getting baby back on the breast, pumping and increasing supply. She also has a forum which is moderated by IBCLCs.
Hugs to you, mama! I know what it's like to deal with a baby that prefers the bottle over breast. But we persevered and got through it and he nursed for 2 years! Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to this question. Your best bet is to get your baby back on the breast and, yes, it can be done! I've also known moms who exclusively pumped for months, even years, but it's SO much harder though still worth it to avoid the risks of artificial feeding. Once you get her back on the breast she will build your supply just fine - no pump will ever get out as much milk as a baby can. Please go to www.mothering.com/discussions and post in the "Breastfeeding Challenges" forum. The women there are very experienced and well educated on breastfeeding and many of us lactation educators/consultants frequent it. Another great resource is www.kellymom.com - just have a look around, she has many articles on getting baby back on the breast, pumping and increasing supply. She also has a forum which is moderated by IBCLCs.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar