sweetjoa76
Answer
I've had 2 children and the absolute BEST breast pumps I have ever used were the ones at the hospital..the Medela brand pumps. Now, you can't get one of those hospital-grade versions for less than a thousand dollars, HOWEVER, there are tons of Medela dealers who will rent you one of the smaller (and just as awesome) versions on a monthly basis.
Go to www.medela.com. There are links to help you find a dealer near you. You can also call 1-800-TELL-YOU from the U.S. or Canada for help with this.
The reason the Medela pumps are so great is their suction mechanism is designed to mimic a baby's suckling pattern. They don't destroy your nipples and you get more milk (in my own personal experience) and a bigger 'letdown' at the beginning of the pumping session. Whatever you do, do not use the First Years pumps. They are harsh and can damage your nipples. (I had one with my first baby and threw it out.)
Best of luck!!
I've had 2 children and the absolute BEST breast pumps I have ever used were the ones at the hospital..the Medela brand pumps. Now, you can't get one of those hospital-grade versions for less than a thousand dollars, HOWEVER, there are tons of Medela dealers who will rent you one of the smaller (and just as awesome) versions on a monthly basis.
Go to www.medela.com. There are links to help you find a dealer near you. You can also call 1-800-TELL-YOU from the U.S. or Canada for help with this.
The reason the Medela pumps are so great is their suction mechanism is designed to mimic a baby's suckling pattern. They don't destroy your nipples and you get more milk (in my own personal experience) and a bigger 'letdown' at the beginning of the pumping session. Whatever you do, do not use the First Years pumps. They are harsh and can damage your nipples. (I had one with my first baby and threw it out.)
Best of luck!!
Electric breast pump suggestions....?
Q. Price is not an issue. I would like to know which electric breast pumps you have tried and suggest or .. have tried and do NOT suggest!
Any helpful hints would be wonderful....
Any helpful hints would be wonderful....
Answer
I keep reading that Medela Pump In Style is the best electric double pump. It runs $250-$320.
I bought a MUCH cheaper one by Evenflo and it stopped working after a week. I paid $50.00 for it. It's not a pump to use if you are pumping more than twice a day. It's only made to use sparingly like if you are going out for the night and you need to pump a few bottles for the babysitter.
As of now I rented a hospital grade pump from the hospital to establish my milk flow (my baby is in NICU, he was born at 32 weeks & that's why I have to pump). They cost $13-$15 a week or $50-$60 a month, depending on which model you choose. As soon as I get the money, I'll probably be purchasing the Medela Pump In Style.
I keep reading that Medela Pump In Style is the best electric double pump. It runs $250-$320.
I bought a MUCH cheaper one by Evenflo and it stopped working after a week. I paid $50.00 for it. It's not a pump to use if you are pumping more than twice a day. It's only made to use sparingly like if you are going out for the night and you need to pump a few bottles for the babysitter.
As of now I rented a hospital grade pump from the hospital to establish my milk flow (my baby is in NICU, he was born at 32 weeks & that's why I have to pump). They cost $13-$15 a week or $50-$60 a month, depending on which model you choose. As soon as I get the money, I'll probably be purchasing the Medela Pump In Style.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar