Which brand breast pump do you prefer? Is it a single or double? Easy to clean parts? Electric?




RN Stud


I had a double playtex with my first child but after a good 6 months of using it the parts started to break so now I must purchase a new one for this baby. Which do you like? My first will only be a little over 2 and I am a full time student so obviously convenience and ease of use is preferred. I had a double but must admit I didn't really use it much in conjunction.

Pros and Cons of your breast pump and would you recommend?



Answer
I have 3 pumps. I started out with the Ameda Purely Yours it was a double electric and I absolutely HATED it. It broke after one month of use and the replacement was just as bad as the original not to mention customer service was horrible.

I also have a Lansinoh Affinity it is also a double electric pump. It is a little loud but it was very efficient and easy to use. I needed a new one around 3 months of heavy use and customer service was awesome they overnighted me another one free of charge the next day. It is very easy to clean although I didn't clean mine but once a day, I would set the horns in the fridge when they weren't in use and clean them at night before bed. I had several replacement bottles, so I washed them once a night as well.

I also had a Lansinoh single horn manual pump and it worked really well on the go.

I am no longer pumping/bf'ing because of supply issues but I would definitely recommend the two Lansinoh products. My electric pump was 140$ and the manual was 30$. I DO NOT recommend the Ameda one. I have heard the Medela's are pretty good, but you also pay a pretty penny for them as well. Hope this helps :)!!

What is the best Breast Pump?

Q. That isn't Medela.

Like if you couldn't buy a Medela what would you buy instead. And Why?

Also what do you think is the best bottle for a breast-feeding baby (please don't say 'mom's breast' I need actual bottles)?


Answer
I have had a Medela Pump in Style and a Playtex Double Electric Embrace & I think the Playtex is better hands down & half the price. It has soft silicone flanges that actually compress on top of the suction so output is better. I also think it is more comfortable, no doubt about it. I think the parts might need replacing a little more often if you pump a lot, but still worth it. Just makes sure you have some replacement valves on hand - so if output decrease after a lot of pump use, try replacing those. I did not use the Playtex as often since I used the Medela for a full year with my 1st while working & then after for leave behind bottles once I stopped pumping for him daily (still nursing - but after a while I phased out daytime pumping). Anyway - I could NOT believe the difference. I have seen them for as cheap as $50 brand new in box on consignment - bu tI think they run $150 retail. They ARE a medical grade pump with a completely enclosed motor, so you could opt to buy a use don virtually anywhere & get new flanges & hoses from the manufacturer too to save a little. People THINK that all Medelas are enclosed systems & MOST are not if you read the details (a few are). They are hospital grade pumps, but they are supposed to be single user pumps.

Now bottles - we ended up using Dr Browns but I hated them for a lot of reasons. The baby liked them & took to them easily. I think they caused nipple confusion though. They helped with gas. They leak if the cap is too loose or tight & have a million tiny parts to wash. Before that we used 2nd Nature bottles. LOVED those BUT the nipples tore out about every 10-15 feeds. The manufacturer was unreachable & never contacted me back despite numerous emails & messages, etc. :/ I WISH those would have worked out as they were easy to clean, baby liked them AND switching back & forth was much easier. I've heard great things about mimijumi bottles for less nipple confusion & if I was going to go back to work or something NOW I would try these: http://mimijumi.com/ If nothing else I think it's cute that the nipple looks more like a breast. :) With my youngest I was able to be home & rather than mess with bottles, we did syringe feeds. They worked & there was NO nipple confusion or refusal, for the odd time I needed to be away during a feed. Plus it required nothing at be purchased - even better. I spent a FORTUNE in bottles with my 1st - first the 2nd nature, the pricey replacement nipples (I thought I got a bad "batch" perhaps at first), then on a gajillion bottles he either refused or gave him terrible gas from swallowing air, etc, etc. LOL And THEN they came out with all the BPA stuff by the time this one came along, so I didn't feel like I should use any of those bottles from before of course....so, I was not going to invest in a bunch of new ones to try on this bub when I was with him almost all the time. I still wouldn't if I had another. I would do syringe feeds again for the odd occasion I was gone. But if I were to be doing bottles regularly I would try mimijumi next time around.

Hope it helps.

Oh & if you qualify for WIC (MANY mommas do) you can get a hospital grade pump for free to use until your child is one year old. The ones I have seen around here ARE Medela. They are nice. You have your own pump parts & it IS an enclosed system. Our hospital gives out the Medela Lactina double hand pump for free if you ask. Then that pump somehow attaches to the WIC machine & it appears to basically work the manural part of the hand pump FOR you - so it's very safe for multiple users.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar