why do people like iphones better than android?

Q. Why do people like iPhones better than androids?

Here is my explanation for it: like a quick silver shirt is to a regular shirt, it's just a name and extremely expensive. Mac is the quicksilver of the computer and phone world.

If you weigh everything together, all the specs to price and capability, android and PC win by a longshot.

For IPhones to androids first: cut out the palm pre and stuff, they are no competition. Besides windows phones which are catching up fast, many people don't need what it offers. My first argument to iPhones: OS. Yes, I will admit the iPhone OS is nice. But android is pretty much the same thing, but more customizable. iPhone is customizable too if you jailbreak it, but if you do, apple cuts your warranty.
My second argument: choice. Yes iPhone has a huge app store, but hardware wise they are limited to black or white. There is only one iPhone that you just have to accept, while there are dozens of phones that run android on EVERY network: Even virgin mobile and Boost mobile! iPhone is only on ATT or Verizon in which ATT sucks and Verizon is TOO expensive. And there are many different types of android devices to suit your needs. If you want a 4" screen with keyboard, you have the droid 3 on Verizon. If you want a 3d phone, you have the evo 3d on sprint. If you want a smaller android phone, you have the htc stood incredible on Verizon. If you want a huge screen without a keyboard, there is the HTC evo. And now almost all of the phones coming out of android support 4g which is on the all 4 the major networks now. iPhone doesn't support 4g, or even offer an iPhone slide or keyboard or something.
And the future of android is aha Cingular 3 times as fast as iPhone. By December, motorola is coming out with a 4 core phone: the droid targa. Apple doesnt even have a dual core phone out yet, which many new android phones have.
Apple is still ahead with tablets, but the Galaxy tab now supports 4g, which the iPad does not. And many more tablets are on the way.tell me your argument


Answer
Average consumers still don't have a clue about Android and what it's capable of. Apple is still on top in their eyes and they don't realize how much "the Google phone" has grown. You have to remember, not everybody keeps up with tech, especially older folks. Plus, Apple advertises better and many stores promote Apple products over Android.

I prefer Android, but if I were to recommend a smartphone to non-techy friends, I'd tell them to get the iPhone. It's simpler, more polished/fluid, has more apps, and easier to use. Not everybody wants to customize their phone... they just want something that works out of the box and the iPhone does this better than any other phone - hate to say it, but it's true.

Also, the disparity of Android phones is often looked at as fragmentation. It angers me that I can't access Tegra 2 games on my EVO 3D, Xperia Play gets some games way in advance, and many apps/games don't take full advantage of the new qHD resolution. Heck, some apps/games are unusable/unplayable because of the type of screen I have.

There's also a sense of identification and brand loyalty for Apple fans. Many people make the easy transition from using ipods to iphones, so they could care less about what Google is doing. If someone is used to and likes iTunes, then it's a pretty tough sell to get them to switch to Android.

All that being said, Android phones are activated over half a million times each day! It's constantly growing and soon some of those average consumers won't be able to ignore it.

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and iPad 2. I love both. Again, for average consumers, I'd recommend the iPad 2 over the GT. Why? because the iPad 2 is simpler and offers a more polished experience. Honeycomb is still very young, has bugs (way more force closes than on iPad2), can lag at times, and it has an identity crisis (Ice Cream Sandwich will change that). This will also quickly change as developers start to jump on-board the tablet bandwagon. Also, aside from the Galaxy Tab 10.1, no other Android tablets can compete with the iPad 2's thin/light design. I hope more manufacturers follow in the footsteps of Samsung. To me, thinness/lightness are two of the most important features when looking for a tablet. I love the fact that I can run around with my GT holding it with just two fingers. I had a Motorola Xoom before and I always felt like I had to baby it when moving it around - so heavy/thick.

How to convince my parents to get me the Iphone 4?

Q. Hi there....So I really would like to get the Iphone 4 before Saturday and I am trying to convince my parents. I currently have Verizon and my phone is the Samsung Intensity 2 and I believe we are all (mom, dad, and I) do for a new phone this month. Mom, doesn't want a new phone though. Dad wants a smart phone and like I said I want an Iphone 4 but apparently they are expensive? I think Verizon wants $140 up front unlike T Mobile where they will give you the phone for free but since we want unlimited talk, text, and data it would cost around $70 I think plus the $18 per month for 24 months to pay off the phone, and with Verizon I think for the unlimited talk, text, and data I think they want $80 or something per month. We aren't sure if T Mobile covers our area, but we know Verizon does. But dad says its expensive. I know that I should listen to my parents but is there a way to convince them to let me get the Iphone 4 before school starts on the 21st? I want the phone also before Saturday because that's when I go to the barn and my trainer has an Iphone and I wanted to talk to her about it if I got the Iphone....But anyways out total bill per person each month would probably be $80 or $90 a month which is a lot. I get paid $20 per month for taking care of horses, $20 a month for allowance for doing chores, and if I baby sat I could probably get another $20. I am only 14 so im not sure if that is a reasonable price for baby sitting. So I could give the $40 I currently get per month to my parents to help pay. I also said that I would try my hardest this year to get B's and A's on my report card and if I didn't they could take my phone away for how ever long they want. Is this reasonable? Every time I ask them about this they prefer to ignore me or tell me they would think about it but I would really appreciate a new phone at least before school starts because this Samsung I have had has been with me for 2 years....Thanks guys.


Answer
Personally, I think you should at least aim for the 4s, if not the 5, otherwise it will be outdated next year when iOS 8 comes out. Since you are most likely going to get it from a cell service provider, you will be stuck with that iPhone for 2 years, so you don't want to get left behind with iOS 7. Not to mention a lot better camera on the 4s to take better pictures of your barn animals :)

So helping to pay for your phone is a very convincing step in trying to get a smart phone, but money isn't the only deciding factor. I would be worried giving my 14 year old teenager an expensive fragile phone. It's quite the slippery phone and my girlfriend has dropped hers like 30 times, not even kidding. The only reason I finally gave in and got her that iPhone was after she agreed to always have an Otterbox case on it, despite her thinking it's bulky and ugly. So maybe offering to take extra care of that glass phone by using a case would maybe make a dent in your persuasion.

Another factor is usage during inappropriate times, since the iPhone probably can do a lot more than your current Samsung. I know I would be worried of my kid using his phone to cheat in school or Facetiming late at night. Let your parents know that there is a parental control option on the phone that is password protected that will let them control the content and time of your phone use. I know this is not a very pleasing thought for you, but it sets their mind at ease, which may end up getting you that iPhone. On a side note, not implying that you do, but smartphones in teenage hands have been proven to be used quite heavily for inappropriate material due to its smaller, easy to hide screens. That parental control will let your parents stop worrying about inappropriate use of your iPhone.

Another feature they may like is the ability to track your current location. Using the Find Friends App that comes with the phone, they can get a notification when you get back home from school or from that homecoming game late at night. This way they know you got home safe and aren't worrying about you when they're out to dinner. Its quite handy the other way around too if they end up getting an iPhone, they can let you see where they are so you know if they left for vacation without you :p

For those that don't have unlimited data, going over their allotted data cap is usually an issue but with your unlimited talk, text, and data, that shouldn't be a problem.

I got my first iPhone by telling my parents all the new cool features that will benefit them from me having that iPhone, but then again I was 18 at the time and really needed a phone since I never had one before then. Just don't get angry when they say no, be persistent and nice about it....and Christmas may come a few months early. Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar