can i bring a breast pump on a plane?




Angella


I will be going on a trip without my baby for a week and can't possibly even go a matter of hours without having to pump (since I won't have my child to nurse). I don't wan't to put the pump in my luggage incase it gets lost and it will be a rental. Will the airlines allow me to bring my pump as a carry on & then when I return home, will they allow me to bring back my expresses stored milk? (I'm surely not going to waste it!) :) any advice would be great. thanks!


Answer
yes. the breastpump shouldn't even count against your carry-on allowance because it's medical equipment.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/formula.shtm

"Mothers flying with, and now without, their child will be permitted to bring breast milk in quantities greater than three ounces as long as it is declared for inspection at the security checkpoint."

there are more details at the site.

pumping breast milk.?

Q. are you able to hand pump your breast milk? cause i want to breast feed with out her actually feeding off my breasts. but i want her to have the milk. so am i able of hand pumping the milk or do i got to go buy a pump..
[26weeks pregnant]


Answer
Not with out actually breast feeding. Your milk production has a lot to do with the sucking and if there is no sucking you won't properly produce milk. I breast feed and no pump but when we started cerial or if I was going to be away for a while I would hand express. You don't get alot unless you are engorged. I would use a breast pump if you are not actually planing to feed from the breast. You will need a hospital grade pump, these are quiet expencive but you can some times rent one from your hospital (or they can tell you where to go) for a minimal fee ( some insurance will cover this also) or if you are on WIC talk to your case worker if they have some you should be able to use it for free. I am about to have my third child second breast feeding and I want to work after I have my baby but I have never used a breast pump or had one work, then again I never got a hospital grade pump.
I hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar