How can I get WIC to give me a new electric breast pump?




Leah


So I am going school and I need a new one. I have an electric one that WIC gave me but it is very weak an doesn't have good suction. How can I get them to just give me a new one? Could I say I lost it? Or that someone stole it? Because they told me to bring in the one I hav and they would just replace the broken parts on the inside. But I don't want to keep dealing with this old one. Any ideas please? Also I need to produce more milk. What does WIC do to help with that? Or any ideas? Also I can't put my baby directly all the time because she has sharp teeth and bites me. So yeah any ideas/advice? Please. Thanks


Answer
Take your pump in for repair. WIC dispenses hospital grade electric pumps. Make sure you know how to operate it correctly too - ask for a demo. There is no reason a WIC pump shouldn't be sufficient. They are actually pretty standard in what they dispense. Secondly for biting - there are tips & tricks. You can read more on those here: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/biting.html You need to put the baby to the breast when together or you probably won't keep your supply. So address the biting & keep nursing. The pump will not be sufficient for most women to keep providing only breastmilk & WIC will not cover a pump and formula.

As far as producing more when you pump - you can read more on that here: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/pumping_decrease.html

In general you can go to kellymom.com for just about any nursing question & get good info on all of it.

Which breast pump would you recommend?




blue & bab


I am going to buy an electric one but im not sure which one to go for, I have heard the Medela Mini is really loud but the Medela Swing is SO expensive!

Please tell me which one you think is the best.

Thanks!



Answer
I highly recommend Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump

I'm so happy I bought this pump!
After reading hundreds of reviews-this seemed to be the only one that received good reviews. After purchasing it, I've had no problems with it-except for one small thing. I dropped the plug for it and it cracked, it still works, but doesn't seem to be the best being that it only had a 1 foot fall-but besides that-I've never had any problems! I've had other friends that bought other pumps and said that they have had leaking problems and they have paid almost double what this pump costs.

The best prices and free shipping sometime from the page I bookmark.

http://astore.amazon.com/big-deals-20/detail/B000P9XJ5E

Hope you like it too. Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar