Manual or Electric Breast Pump?

Q. Hey, i'm a while from needing to use one (im only 15 weeks 5 days), but i was wondering whether to look at getting a manual or electric breast pump?
What do others prefer, and what pro's and cons have you found using either or both?
Thanks in advance!


Answer
I had to use a breat pump and found the electric one was far better.

With the manual one (I got the tommee tippee version) I found that the milk went all over the place but not where I wanted it to go....into the bottle! It kept kinda leeking out the breast shiled part no matter what position I put it in.... it was a complete nightmare and before I got an electric pump I found it better to hand express.

Electric pump was much better (I got the swing one) easy to carry around, easy to use, milk went where I wanted it to go.

My baby was on the neonatal unit for a few weeks after he was born and so I was expressing alot, as were the other mums on there and the general concensus was the same, they all seemed to think the manual pumps were a bit crap. One of the other mums in there got a differnet kind of electric pump.... it was the one down from the swing, hand held version, it was cheaper than the one I got but apparently it was just as good, so if I was buying one again I would probably buy that cheaper version coz it works just as well.

How does the Medela MANUAL breast pump compare to an electric pump?




E





Answer
Manual pumps are intended for women who pump less than once a day. They are excellent for the woman who wants to pump occasionally, but not often.

Battery pumps (even if used on wall current) are intended for women who pump once or several times a day. They are good for returning to work or school or similar situations.

Full-sized hospital rental pumps are the *only* pump if you are exclusively pumping. They are the most effective type, especially if you double pump (saves half the time *and* gets more milk).

All of the above notwithstanding, *no* pump will work comfortably for every mother. Just like women have different size feet (and you wouldn't automatically assume you could wear someone else's shoes!), different women have different size breasts. What fits one woman will be excruciating for another. Sometimes, this can be fixed by getting a different-sized flange (talk to the manufacturer), but sometimes, it's just not the right pump for you. Luckily, a pump will fit many more women than a pair of shoes!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar