newmomma2
I'm looking for a decently priced electric single breast pump, but not the medela or whatever. Im not lookine to spend $200 dollars on a breast pump. I just need something that works for when i want to let my fiance get in on the feeding action and when i return back to work in a couple months, eventhough i'm only part-time.
Please don't give me info for madela or the almeda one. I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars, i just can't afford it.
Answer
In my opinion, you can't skimp on the breast pump. Bad breast pumps are just REALLY bad. You won't get anything, you will get frustrated, and you will have wasted $50.
I used the Medela Pump In Style. You can get it at drugstore.com for $219 shipped. The link is below. It comes with four bottles and all the accessories you will need. I promise for the extra $20 you will be much happier with it.
You could also try going on ebay. It looks like they are running between $50 and $90. Before I got one, I thought used ones were totally disgusting, but only the tubing, collection cup, and bottles come in contact with the milk. Those can be replaced for about $25. Really, you are paying for the actual motorized pump.
But if you decide the Medela is not for you, I would recommend getting a two sided pump that is electric. Two-sided is so much faster and better and those manual ones are terrible. Your arm will get tired long before you are done pumping.
I also included a link below to Amazon's breast pumps. I think their user reviews will help you make your decision if you don't get your answer here.
Congratulations and happy breastfeeding!
In my opinion, you can't skimp on the breast pump. Bad breast pumps are just REALLY bad. You won't get anything, you will get frustrated, and you will have wasted $50.
I used the Medela Pump In Style. You can get it at drugstore.com for $219 shipped. The link is below. It comes with four bottles and all the accessories you will need. I promise for the extra $20 you will be much happier with it.
You could also try going on ebay. It looks like they are running between $50 and $90. Before I got one, I thought used ones were totally disgusting, but only the tubing, collection cup, and bottles come in contact with the milk. Those can be replaced for about $25. Really, you are paying for the actual motorized pump.
But if you decide the Medela is not for you, I would recommend getting a two sided pump that is electric. Two-sided is so much faster and better and those manual ones are terrible. Your arm will get tired long before you are done pumping.
I also included a link below to Amazon's breast pumps. I think their user reviews will help you make your decision if you don't get your answer here.
Congratulations and happy breastfeeding!
Mannual Madela Breast Pump.?
3Lil'Monke
I just got a madela mannual breast pump it looks really nice & had nice reviews but it looks easily breakable.. Does anyone know how well they work??
idk how to post pics
Answer
Well, it's been 12 minutes and nobody's answered, so I'll give it a shot, even though I haven't actually tried it yet. :) (I'm 38 weeks pregnant.)
I just bought one, and my daughter isn't here yet. We wanted one of those cadillac top-of-the line electric Medela ones, but we couldn't afford it. So I did a lot of online research and asked a lot of questions online. I read the reviews too, I find that the best reviews are at www.amazon.com . I read literally dozens of them, and the consensus is that the Avent and the Medela are the best manual pumps to get. (The nurse also told us this at our recent prenatal classes.) I chose the Medela in the end because it was more consistently highly reviewed, and there were fewer parts and it was easier to put together and clean, as well as many said it was more comfortable. I recently took it out of the box and put it on my breast and gave it 2 pumps just to make sure there was a seal (but no more than that because I didn't want to stimulate milk production or labor yet!) The suction was really good and it wasn't uncomfortable. It looks light, but well made, and I love that the parts can go in the dishwasher and that all the plastic is BPA free. It also came with a little bottle and an instruction manual. Be aware though, that once you buy it you can't return it to the store- for hygenic reasons you have to deal with Medela directly. :)
Well, it's been 12 minutes and nobody's answered, so I'll give it a shot, even though I haven't actually tried it yet. :) (I'm 38 weeks pregnant.)
I just bought one, and my daughter isn't here yet. We wanted one of those cadillac top-of-the line electric Medela ones, but we couldn't afford it. So I did a lot of online research and asked a lot of questions online. I read the reviews too, I find that the best reviews are at www.amazon.com . I read literally dozens of them, and the consensus is that the Avent and the Medela are the best manual pumps to get. (The nurse also told us this at our recent prenatal classes.) I chose the Medela in the end because it was more consistently highly reviewed, and there were fewer parts and it was easier to put together and clean, as well as many said it was more comfortable. I recently took it out of the box and put it on my breast and gave it 2 pumps just to make sure there was a seal (but no more than that because I didn't want to stimulate milk production or labor yet!) The suction was really good and it wasn't uncomfortable. It looks light, but well made, and I love that the parts can go in the dishwasher and that all the plastic is BPA free. It also came with a little bottle and an instruction manual. Be aware though, that once you buy it you can't return it to the store- for hygenic reasons you have to deal with Medela directly. :)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar