Waste of $ items? Best diapers? Best bottles?Cloth diapering?

double electric breast pump vs. single electric breast pump
 on Spectra 3 Breast Pump Stylo Mama Backpack Set (Free 16 bottes)
double electric breast pump vs. single electric breast pump image



mimi


Ok a couple questions. Which items would you consider a waste of money or not really needed items for baby?
Cloth diapering vs. disposable dipers which do you prefer an why?
Which diapers do you recommend?
Best bottles? I plan on breast feeding and bottle feeding.
Electric Breast pump. Recommendations.
Baby monitor recommendations??

Thanks for your help!



Answer
Don't buy anything for your baby until you have a baby shower. You will receive many things, some useful, some not so much. Things I would never waste my money on are: crib bedding-you only need fitted sheets as bumpers are a pain to deal with when changing sheets, the comforter that comes with it you won't use. A baby swing, too expensive and it isn't an guarantee that your baby will like it. Mine didn't. Car seat bunting bags or car seat bug netting. You can just use one of the many blankets that you'll end up receiving. Diaper genie-why do you want stinky diapers piling up in the canister? just through them out daily into the trash bin outside. Those SIDS monitors for the cribs-don't need them. Diaper bag-just use any purse or bag. I change my 'diaper' bag to fit my needs daily. Most times I can fit everything I need in my purse. Play Yards-have one, don't use it ever. Baby sleeping bags-don't like them. Mobile for crib. If you receive any of these items as gifts, they are nice to have but don't spend your money on it.


I wanted to do cloth but couldn't even manage to do my regular laundry with a newborn. It's so exhausting to take care of a baby that disposables were just easier for me to deal with. I use Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers. They are great and never have let me down. Expensive but worth it.

I use Playtex drop-in system bottles because they are easier to clean. There is much more waste but again I don't have much time to clean bottles all day. Also your baby might not like the first bottle you try so don't buy too much ahead of time. I tried three types and came back to the Playtex as it was just the latex nipple she liked over the silicone.

A double electric breast pump is a must. Go with Medela, they are the experts in breast pumps and used by hospitals. I had a single and pumped exclusively for 6 weeks. I wish I would of went with the double so I could of cut my time in half.

Baby monitor- unless you have a huge house you don't really need one. I was given one by my MIL who never used it and neither did I. Don't waste your money on this either. See if you need one first once baby arrives.

Some people might say that a change table isn't a must, but I use mine and it's more convenient to me to have everything in one place. I have mine right in my living room and not in the nursery.

Good luck ~

Breast Pump?




abbersmomm


I have been exclusively breastfeeding my daughter for the past 6 months. When I first had her my husband picked up a small manual pump for me (to relieve some engorgement) but it really doesn't work very well. I can express faster by hand. Now that she has started eating cereal I have been hand expressing milk to mix it with. It works fine for just and ounce or two for cereal but any more gets tedious and uncomfortable. With summer coming and her getting older I am looking to get an electric breast pump to express more milk for her to drink from a bottle or sippy (still keeping with nursing tho).


Any reccomendations (from experience) on a good brand/style and where to buy them?


Also, I don't know if it matters (I have heard different oppinions) I am rather large breasted, would different styles work better for me vs someone small breasted?

~Thanks in Advance! ~



Answer
Medela is the best pump the one that would fit your lifestyle is called "Single Deluxe" it cost around $80 you can also go with the "Double Deluxe" aprox $130 only if you want to do both at the same time also in referrence to your last paragraph size doesn't matter.
I would also recommend to get extra membranes (little plastic piece) $6 for a pack of 6 and replace them every third use by replacing this membranes will make pump work to its best.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar