Is it okay to vacuum a room with a newborn baby?

baby care nursery
 on Special Care Nursery: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit | Atlanta, GA ...
baby care nursery image



frank


I need to vacuum by baby's nursery/my kick boxing studio, but my baby is in there. He's not sleeping, but I don't want to disturb him. Would the noise from a vacuum disturb a small child? What if I put him in another room or outside while I do this? Please help; this is an urgent matter!


Answer
The noise might not bother you child, but the dust that is created by the vacuum wouldn't be good for his/her respiratory system. If you're so concerned, just take the child out into another room and vacuum. If that isn't possible, wait until someone else is around to take care of the child, then vacuum. The dirt will wait. Play with your child and enjoy him/her. Your child is more important then the dirt. Congratulations on your baby. They grow up much too fast. Love her/him and pay attention to him/her. You'll benefit from it in the long run.

New born not being discharged from hospital?




Brave


My baby is one week old (born at 37 weeks) and is in special care nursery for the last one week. Even though he is taking an average of 8-12 oz of food, doctor is not discharging the baby from hospital stating that he is not feeding well even though we feel that he is doing good. Apart from feeding, everything else is good.
Is he feeding enough
Can I take the baby home without doctor permission

Thanks



Answer
When we took our twins home, they were doing about 14 - 16 oz a day - they were feeding every 3 hours (by the clock - we had to wake them because they were low birth weight) at about 2 oz per feeding.

If you are unsure, I would request a second opinion from another doctor but I would not recommend taking a newborn home against the doctor's wishes without getting an opinion from another doctor. They are trained to do this for a living and they work with babies everyday.

Good luck and congrats!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar