Has anyone used a rental breast pump?

electric breast pump offers
 on ... term use. Electric motor with battery option Double or single pumping
electric breast pump offers image



Expecting!


I have a couple of questions.

1- were did you rent it from
2- what kind was it (brand,electric or manual, double or single, Battery operated or plug in)
3- what was the costs per day or month
4- how well did it work and what do you wish was different about it.
5- do you have any tips for me?



Answer
Yes I Did, with my First

1- WIC (women, Infants, and Children program)
2- Medela Double Electric Pump
3-Free
4-It worked Great, and i had absolutely no issues with it
5- try to get the baby to breastfeed "from the the breast" as much as possible and keep frozen pumped milk for only when you are having someone watch your child (Daycares, Family Members, Babysitters ETC.)

-Now i have a newborn son and i have my own medela because the hospital charged it to my Insurance, ask the hospital if they offer that option for you, and if your insurance will cover it.

Have you ever known someone who had a wet nurse for their infant?

Q. Say the natural mom cannot breast feed, so she hires a woman who is still lactating to breast her child so they can get the benefits of breast milk. Do you know anyone who has done that? It used to be really common.


Answer
No but I did nurse my friends baby for 4 months when she was in a coma (she was hit from behind by a drunk driver) my friend and her husband are "fregans" and extremely environmentally aware hippy types, everything with them is all natural both parents were on raw vegan diets, my friend's husband requested that he be allowed to express milk from his wife while she was in a coma and the hospital would not let him come in for the night feedings and none of the nurses would help him out by using an electric pump (idiots!) anyway the baby refused the bottle, to make matters worse and my friend's husband was ready to have a nerves break down. So I offered my own milk and they took it as I was offering to actually breastfeed so I pretty much had no way of getting out of it, and I took the baby home with me and nursed her.

I've also nursed several other babies twice for babies I was babysitting (by the parents suggestion) and 3 times just to show a new mom how to do it. (just one time thing)

it's not that uncommon to have friends or relatives nurse a baby not there own. I have been lactating for the last 7 years, it's never gone away, I make enough milk to feed 3 or 4 babies so I've always had a problem with what to do with all this milk, i've donated it, i've made food with it (for my toddlers) and i've given it family members as well as an adult friend with breast cancer who claims it was the only thing she could keep down for awhile.

I think the benefits of breast milk are enormous for babies, children and adults. But that's just me.

oh and as for the friend that was in the coma she survived though missing her left arm and she has a few scars but she's a survivor and now she's an even closer friend (this was 6 years ago by the way) The man that hit her was sent to prison for 13 years.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar