How to reduce engorgment from breast pumping?

breast pump massage
 on LittleBayi: Philips Avent Single Electronic Breast Pump - BPA FREE
breast pump massage image



kfernandez


I just welcomed my son into this crazy world a 2 weeks ago. I am pumping and trying to pump as often as possible, but I have been experiencing hard spots in my breast. When I pump it helps but they never go totally away. What tips or tricks can I do to help ease the pain?


Answer
Your breasts should be much more comfortable by this time. You may be pumping for too long, too often, or have the suction control turned up too high.

Use some breast massage before and after pumping and hand expression after pumping. Don't pump more than 15 minutes at a time. And try not to pump so much that you have a huge amount stored

I pump 4 ounces of milk out of my left breast but only one ounce from my right?




alexandra


I am only pumping right now because I am pumping and dumping. Doctors orders because I am taking antibiotics for seven days. I've noticed everytime I pump that my left breast pumps out 4 ounces of milk each time. My right breast only pumps one ounce each time and that's with me massaging it a lot while its being pumped. Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening?


Answer
totally normal, most women have one breast the produces more and one less




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar