electric breast pump brands image
Miss Mazie
I am looking for a good electric breast pump that has a good milk storage system. I formula fed my first and am new to breastfeeding when it comes to having second! Please help! Thanks :)
I don't want a used one, so where can you buy these pumps? Amazon, right?
Answer
The two best are Medela or Ameda. Get a dual electric pump so you can lessen your pumping time in half.
I have a Medela PISA that was close to $300 online. The original Medelas are a bit cheaper but lack the letdown feature, which is great if you have a hard time with letdown.
My friend received an Ameda Purely Yours from me. It's a lot cheaper and has a closed system, which means no milk backs up into the machine and it can legally be resold and used by different users. Medela really shouldn't be used by multiple users because of the risk of passing on infections and diseases.
Call your health insurance and see if they can cover your pump as part of their lactation program. If not, contact WIC and see if you qualify to receive one of their pumps on loan.
I purchased my PISA at amazon, but Target also sells t he regular Medela. I had heard a rumor that they're about $100 off right now because they're redesigning the appearance of the Medela PIS. (Kendel sent in a heads-up for anybody looking to buy a breast pump: "Medela is discontinuing their Pump In Style electric breast pump and a few places are putting them on clearance. I just picked one up at Target for $170...they are normally around $240!!" --Baby Cheapskate blog)
For an Ameda, your best bet is to get it online. That's where I purchased my friend's.
The two best are Medela or Ameda. Get a dual electric pump so you can lessen your pumping time in half.
I have a Medela PISA that was close to $300 online. The original Medelas are a bit cheaper but lack the letdown feature, which is great if you have a hard time with letdown.
My friend received an Ameda Purely Yours from me. It's a lot cheaper and has a closed system, which means no milk backs up into the machine and it can legally be resold and used by different users. Medela really shouldn't be used by multiple users because of the risk of passing on infections and diseases.
Call your health insurance and see if they can cover your pump as part of their lactation program. If not, contact WIC and see if you qualify to receive one of their pumps on loan.
I purchased my PISA at amazon, but Target also sells t he regular Medela. I had heard a rumor that they're about $100 off right now because they're redesigning the appearance of the Medela PIS. (Kendel sent in a heads-up for anybody looking to buy a breast pump: "Medela is discontinuing their Pump In Style electric breast pump and a few places are putting them on clearance. I just picked one up at Target for $170...they are normally around $240!!" --Baby Cheapskate blog)
For an Ameda, your best bet is to get it online. That's where I purchased my friend's.
What is the best electric breast pump to use for twins?
Tasha
I am considering the Avent Isis Duo electric breast pump but I would like opinions if anyone has used this pump before or another good pump
Answer
A double one.
Brand won't matter, but I recommend using a hands free pump. You can get a pumping bra that holds the bottles in place. SOOOO much better!
I nursed my twins one at a time. We did Babywise http://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Baby-Wise-Reference-Worldwide/dp/0971453209 which made that possible (although still very time consuming! 11 hours a day of nursing!) It also make them very good sleepers very early, so we were sleeping 8 hours by 9 weeks.
I pumped between nursings if they finished on the early side and before bed to get supply up.
I used Lansinoh, but I do hear Medela is the best (but three times the cost to!)
A double one.
Brand won't matter, but I recommend using a hands free pump. You can get a pumping bra that holds the bottles in place. SOOOO much better!
I nursed my twins one at a time. We did Babywise http://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Baby-Wise-Reference-Worldwide/dp/0971453209 which made that possible (although still very time consuming! 11 hours a day of nursing!) It also make them very good sleepers very early, so we were sleeping 8 hours by 9 weeks.
I pumped between nursings if they finished on the early side and before bed to get supply up.
I used Lansinoh, but I do hear Medela is the best (but three times the cost to!)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar