
breast pump kellymom image
Sally
I am trying to induce lactation and have never been pregnant before. I have been following a vigorous routine and use a breast pump for 20 minutes every four hours a day. I am just wondering how long it will take for me to start producing milk. Will it take weeks or months? Any answers or extra tips are deeply appreciated.
Also if you know of any otc medicine to help that would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the answers.
Answer
Are you trying to induce lactation while pregnant?? If you are pregnant, your milk will come in 2-5 days AFTER baby is born.
While pregnant, your breast produce colostrum, which is a premilk that is super concentrated and really only measured in teaspoons vs ounces. Colostrum is best hand pumped, but again, usually after birth.
If you are trying to lactate due to adoption purposes, you'll need prescribed hormone medication to help "trick" your body to think you just had a baby.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
Are you trying to induce lactation while pregnant?? If you are pregnant, your milk will come in 2-5 days AFTER baby is born.
While pregnant, your breast produce colostrum, which is a premilk that is super concentrated and really only measured in teaspoons vs ounces. Colostrum is best hand pumped, but again, usually after birth.
If you are trying to lactate due to adoption purposes, you'll need prescribed hormone medication to help "trick" your body to think you just had a baby.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
What is fenugreek and does it really work to produce breastmilk?
STEPHANIE
I am trying to relactate and i need some advice.. my baby will not latch on when he is hungry, he only latches on for about 2 minutes at a time. he is 1 month old. I have been told not to use a breast pump because it will not help me produce milk,and the pump is probaly the reason i dried up. please give me some advice.
Answer
You NEED to use the pump! Whoever told you not to is wrong. If the baby isn't feeding and you're not pumping, all the fenugreek in the world won't help you continue producing milk.
I wouldn't recommend using it this early anyyway. I'd wait until you're sure your body isn't producing enough with the pumping and then use it as a last resort. If you use it now, it may be less effective in the future if you really need it.
Also, don't give up on trying to latching him on again - i recommend you call the le leche league if (they're extremely helpful)...your baby nursing will increase your supply better than anything else. Good Luck!
http://www.llli.org/
EDIT - And to answer your original question; Yes, it does increase your milk supply. I'm taking it now. There are a couple of other herbs you can take too but from what i've heard, the fenugreek is the most popular.
http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbal_galactagogue.html
You NEED to use the pump! Whoever told you not to is wrong. If the baby isn't feeding and you're not pumping, all the fenugreek in the world won't help you continue producing milk.
I wouldn't recommend using it this early anyyway. I'd wait until you're sure your body isn't producing enough with the pumping and then use it as a last resort. If you use it now, it may be less effective in the future if you really need it.
Also, don't give up on trying to latching him on again - i recommend you call the le leche league if (they're extremely helpful)...your baby nursing will increase your supply better than anything else. Good Luck!
http://www.llli.org/
EDIT - And to answer your original question; Yes, it does increase your milk supply. I'm taking it now. There are a couple of other herbs you can take too but from what i've heard, the fenugreek is the most popular.
http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbal_galactagogue.html
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar