No matter what, why do I continue to feel guilty for receiving help from my mother?

baby care 3 in 1
 on Thecitizens of child India made schools in their country. They ...
baby care 3 in 1 image



LAJ


I had to go to substance abuse treatment, outpatient for 3 1/2 weeks. We couldnt afford child care, so my mother left SC to come stay with us to take care of my son during the day. She has been doing everything i would have done PLUS more including laundry, dishes, organizing, cleaning, decorating, etc. I feel so incredibly guilty receiving all this help and keep thanking her with NO relief of the guilt. She says she wants to do all this and that she offered to come. Why can't i accept all this because i feel so unworthy? I feel miserable and cannot enjoy her company, even though she is going back tomorrow as i was discharged today. I appreciate any help, suggestions, or good advice!


Answer
The reason you feel this way is because your mother is somebody you love and care about. You feel like its your responsibility and she shouldn't have to baby you, and help. I know because Ive felt the same way before. But at the end of the day, its your mom and its her job to help out her children every once in a while. And feeling guilty is pretty normal, but one day when she needs help you'll also be there for her. So its a score for the both of you.

how long does it take for a burried puppy to decompose?

Q. There is a logical reason as to why I am asking.We had a jack russel puppy that was killed.We had her 5 months and she was very loved by us.We had to bury her quick before the kids saw so we wrapped her in a thick fleece blanket and burried her about 2 feet deep and then put large stones all over the top of her grave(to keep out other animals and birds).My husband and I are buying our 1st home and we are afraid someone else will dig her up by accident or remove the stones and an animal will dig her up and scatter her bones.We have decided we want to take her with us and re bury her on our new property.I really don't care if anyone else thinks this is sane or not.She was our baby.We just didn't have funds for a pet cemetary at the time.So please don't send rude or disgusting emails.I am,however,afraid that if we dig her up she will not be all the way decomposed.Does anyone know how long this process takes?She was burried 3 1/2 weeks ago and were we live is very hot.We live in NC.Thanks.
Since even though I asked for no rude emails but I still got one I would like to point out I said she was KILLED,not that I let her die.And It was nothing we did.She had an serious allergic reaction to a bee sting and died in minutes.We rushed her to the animal hospital and it was too late.We were walking her and she had on her harness leash and was peeing when she was stung.Some people can be so mean.
And we had to bury her before the kids saw and we went to the breeder the same night and bought one similar to her so our 2 year old would not be devistated.Of course it didn't work but now you know all the details.
I am so glad to see there are such nice people on here after all.I have chosen a best answer but yahoo says I have to wait 4 hours to choose so I will be doing that although except for the one comment that has been deleted I feel that everyone has given be terrific advice and God bless you all.this has been a very sad experience for me.I couldn't sleep for days.I miss emily badly!


Answer
Sorry for the loss. Based on the physical laws eluded to below, I would estimate it takes approximately 4 months for the body to decompose to "green bone."

If you dig up the pup, I think the odor will mostly have disipated, but it is likely you will encounter the situation of the conversion to liquid form. Because of the small size, the blanket will likely have absorbed the moisture.

I would recomend not opening the blanket.

*****************************************
The speed with which decomposition occurs varies greatly. Factors such as temperature, humidity, and the season of death all determine how fast a fresh body will skeletonize or mummify. A basic guide for the effect of environment on decomposition is given as Casper's Law (or Ratio): when there is free access of air a body decomposes twice as fast than if immersed in water and eight times faster than if buried in earth.

The most important variable is a body's accessibility to insects, particularly flies. On the surface in tropical areas, invertebrates alone can easily reduce a fully fleshed corpse to clean bones in under two weeks. The skeleton itself is not permanent; acids in soils can reduce it to unrecognizable components; this is one reason given for the lack of human remains found in the wreckage of the Titanic, even in parts of the ship considered inaccessible to scavengers. Freshly skeletonized bone is often called "green" bone and has a characteristic greasy feel. Under certain conditions (normally cool, damp soil) bodies may undergo saponification and develop a waxy substance called adipocere, caused by the action of soil chemicals on the body's proteins and fats. The formation of adipocere slows decomposition by inhibiting the bacteria that cause putrefaction.

In extremely dry or cold conditions, the normal process of decomposition is halted, by either lack of moisture or temperature controls on bacterial and enzymatic action, causing the body to be preserved as a mummy. Frozen mummies commonly restart the decomposition process when thawed whilst heat desiccated mummies remain so unless exposed to moisture.

The bodies of newborns who never ingested food are an important exception to the normal process of decomposition. They lack the internal microbial flora that produce much of decomposition and quite commonly mummify if kept in even moderately dry conditions.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar