what is the best breast pump? manual or electric?

avent manual breast pump not working
 on Choosing a Breastpump: AVENT vs Medela SoftFit breastshield | A ...
avent manual breast pump not working image



Jennifer B


I'm trying to look online and see if I can find a good used breast pump, but not sure which one is the easiest on the boobies. I used an avent manual isis last time, and it was easy on the boobs, but I've given it away and now i'm looking for something else.
i'm sure the electric ones would probably make breast feeding easier. Can you recomend one please :)



Answer
My baby boy was born 4 weeks early, putting him in the NICU for 12 days. For those twelve days I pumped every 3 hours (sometimes i'd go four) round the clock...even at night. (then brought my milk to the hospital to bottle feed him)

ANYWAY, what I'm saying is...I pumped A LOT. Now that he's home I'm still pumping once a day when someone helps out and gives him a bottle. At the hospital i used an electric medela, and at home i use an electric ameda. My nipples got really torn up at first, and I even ended up with mastitis, but they're toughening up now, and the discomfort is minimal.

I used a manual just once, it was medela (in the car, lol)...it was a lot of work and kind of hurt my back because of the way i had to angle it.

If you're pumping every once in awhile, manual would be fine. If you're pumping to go back to work/school...you'll need electric. Also, if you're pumping to help your milk supply come in, you'll need electric. I think i overdid it, though. My baby is breastfeeding now and he only eats from one side at each feeding...even at that he often gets sprayed in the face because he just can't eat fast enough for my boobs, lol.

Medela harmony or the Avent Isis manual breast pump?




Zay


I'm not sure which one I should purchase?
Either the Medela Harmony or the Avent Isis..
Which is the best between the 2?



Answer
I've only used the Avent Isis pump and I found it very good.

It is a reputable brand, gentle on the breast, easy to pull apart and clean and easy to figure out how to use.
I have heard good things about the Medela but I think the Avent was cheaper for me so I went for that and it worked out fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar