Avent & Medela Breast Pump Comparison?

avent manual breast pump valve
 on Sparepart Breastpump & Botol Avent Philips | AsiBayi.Com
avent manual breast pump valve image



due June'0


I'm about to buy a breast pump but can anyone give me an idea how much the Avent Manual Breast Pump and the Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump cost in $USD?

And, were can I get a good deal with regard to the price?

Thanks.



Answer
I decided to buy Avent products after extensive research on the internet, and I bought both the Avent manual and Avent duo. I have been very happy with both; I took the manual with me on a trip with the baby when she was a month old, and it was great to have when I needed to pump some extra milk so that others could feed her while I ran errands. The manual pump runs between $30-$50, which includes one pump with all of the parts, and extra valve, and a bottle. It sounds a little expensive, until you think that avent bottles run about $20 for a two-pack. One thing to note: the Avent has a petal cushion, but since I run a little large, I removed the cushion and was more comfortable, so I would suggest trying with and without to see what works for you. The one drawback I would say is that there is only one size flange, so if you run too bit or too small, it might not fit properly. Also, spare parts can't be found in stores, but you can find them online.

As for deals, I usually check froogle.com to compare prices.

Avent Manual Breastpump.... help?




CandiG


I have an Avent Manual Breast pump and at first it worked well but the little white valve type part (the part that is the size of a 5c coin) pops through the hole while I am pumping.
Whilst pumping the pump starts making a sort of creaking noise.
And the white bit pops out.
Anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?
Am i doing something wrong?
By the way, I have only been using the pump for two months and have replaced the white bit and the clear rubbery bit with the spares.

thanks



Answer
A lactation consultant told me that even though some women love their Avent pumps and have no trouble with them (my SIL), some women suffer injuries and have a lot of difficulty with them in general. My college roommate had injuries from hers.

Even my SIL, who loved hers while it worked, had to replace hers after a short while. Sorry, but it's really best to go with an Ameda or a Medela. If you go with the Ameda, you might consider ordering an extra handle. They break if you are careless for a moment. The Medela is really sturdy, but it takes two hands to use. Anything those brands make are great, but anything else is an off-brand and I would steer clear. Sorry.

I just realized that you're the same person with the low milk supply from using formula. No wonder you can't get more than an ounce at once, even though one ounce is normal. Put the pump away for now and just nurse your baby. That's the best way to increase your supply. You can do it! Relax and trust your body. Your body did a kick ass job of making your baby, so trust it to continue to nourish your baby. And have someone get you an emergency stash of dark chocolate and some of your favorite wine. Half a glass of wine and a square of chocolate will help you relax. Keep it up, mama!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar