What do you want the next Administration to do for you?

baby care world
 on Preterm birth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
baby care world image



Secular Hu


Is there something in your live the next administration could fix for you?
More day care, world peace, higher wages etc......

I'd appreciate appropriate language - thank you.



Answer
Address those issues that the Baby Boomers have failed to address during the past sixteen years of their reign. We are lucky that only Biden is a member of this failed generation in this election.
First fix our broken health care system
2. Reinvest in our aging and crumbling infrastructure
3. Address the Social Security and Medicare fiscal funding crisis
4. Energy independence within ten years
5. Simplify the tax code
6. Universal college education to compete with India and China
7 A clear and workable industrial growth strategy
8 Pay down the national debt and balance the budget

How important is getting your baby on a schedule or routine?

Q. I keep hearing about getting your baby on a schedule or routine. How important is it? My little guy is just a little over 7 weeks old and we just take life as it comes. He sleeps when he's tired and eats when he's hungry. Sometimes it's 4 hours between feedings, and sometimes it's 2 1/2. Sometimes he eats 6 oz, and other times it's 2-3 oz. Is it really all that important to schedule him, or is it good to just go with the flow? Or does the baby schedule himself as he gets older?


Answer
My daughter scheduled herself as she got older. I didn't see the point of a schedule, and I still don't. However, she eventually set times for nap for instance, and if she's not in bed between the 30 minutes that she wants to be then she will not sleep.

In many ways, I see a schedule as a terrible backfiring tool. Yes, it's great to know that your baby will be asleep every day at 2-3pm. And that you could hand someone a schedule and they'd take care of your baby without any issues. But... what happens when you're on vacation and you need to switch the schedule up a bit? Or what if you're stuck in traffic and don't get home until 2:30 and now your baby is asleep in the car? Or else they're cranky because something went wrong? With my daughter, when we went on vacation she easily adjusted to changes in the schedule she had set because it was never a very strict schedule. I like that flexibility.

Add: Just to point it out, we have our routines. We just don't have an hour by hour schedule, and I don't plan on having one until she's much older. And we're all still very sane here. In fact... it works much easier when someone else is babysitting because they don't have to conform to our schedule, and it makes it much easier to switch things up and go out for a day because there's no schedule to conform to. She's also quite secure. That's partly why she's so flexible if something needs to be changed, she knows that the routine will be followed, and that things don't have to go according to the book.

Add: I also feel like there's a bit of a miscommunication here.
Schedule: an chart with hourly or even less scheduled events.
Routine: a schedule of events or series of events not necessarily set to a timed schedule.

HUGE difference. I believe strongly in routine. I do not believe strongly in structured time schedules until they're older. I had people pushing me to structure her time from the time she was born, and I didn't. I have never seen any sort of the problems that people said would happen. She's secure. She knows what is going to happen and is relaxed about it because if it doesn't happen at 3pm then it's not the end of the world or forgotten, she knows it will still happen. She knows mom is in charge. She's 2 1/2 and I've STILL never seen any of the supposed negatives that happen if you don't have your child on a timed schedule.

Routine yes. Schedule, no.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar