breast pump quiet image
SNorberg
Willing to shelve out the money for buying rather than renting a hospital grade.
Medela Lactina or Symphony, or should I go w/ a different manufacturer altogether?
Preferably quiet and highly efficient- cost (and bulkiness) is no object.
PS Will have to induce- what herbs help?
Answer
I don't like the lactina, I found the suck and release phases to be too equal and in order for me to get a good amount of milk without it hurting I need a longer sucking phase and shorter release. I take it you are adopting and wanting to induce lactation? fenugreek, brewers yeast and oatmeal are great for increasing milk supply, but to start off your best bet is domperodone it is prescription drug used to treat gastrointestinal problems, it's number one side effect is inducing / increasing lactation. If you are in the states it's hard to get but it is available in canada and works wonders. It will take several months to establish a decent supply so start early and once baby is able get him/her directly on the breast as the chemical reaction of baby's skin against yours will do wonders for your milk production and let down. I have also heard of women having great success with borrowed babies, if you have a baby in your family or a close friend with a nursing baby who is comfortable with you nursing their child it can help to increase your milk before your baby can nurse.
Start attending la leche league meetings and connect with other nursing mom's who can help you and If all else fails and you are not able to induce lactation effectively you may still be able to provide your baby with donated breast milk, check out milkshare.com for women in your area who may be able to help.
I don't like the lactina, I found the suck and release phases to be too equal and in order for me to get a good amount of milk without it hurting I need a longer sucking phase and shorter release. I take it you are adopting and wanting to induce lactation? fenugreek, brewers yeast and oatmeal are great for increasing milk supply, but to start off your best bet is domperodone it is prescription drug used to treat gastrointestinal problems, it's number one side effect is inducing / increasing lactation. If you are in the states it's hard to get but it is available in canada and works wonders. It will take several months to establish a decent supply so start early and once baby is able get him/her directly on the breast as the chemical reaction of baby's skin against yours will do wonders for your milk production and let down. I have also heard of women having great success with borrowed babies, if you have a baby in your family or a close friend with a nursing baby who is comfortable with you nursing their child it can help to increase your milk before your baby can nurse.
Start attending la leche league meetings and connect with other nursing mom's who can help you and If all else fails and you are not able to induce lactation effectively you may still be able to provide your baby with donated breast milk, check out milkshare.com for women in your area who may be able to help.
Should I buy a Medela Freestyle breast pumps are the in-style advance?
Jewlery
I'm shopping around for a breast pumps i narrowed it down to Medela I can't decide if I should get a free style are the in-style advance..anyone have any experience w/ the pump? and where can I purchase one for less then retail price?
Answer
I'm very familiar with both of these pumps. They are both the same quality of pump, so it's not that one will be more effective than the other. The only benefit to the Freestyle is that it is hands free. It is not inconspicuous or quiet. It will still be very obvious that you are breastpumping. Also, it is a little more difficult to set up and take apart. If you are working in a private office where you can close the door, it may be a good option because it would allow you to continue working while you are breastpumping.
As far as getting a discount, it is very unlikely. These pumps are expensive because they are very high quality. They are definitely the best pumps out there. So, because of that, it is almost impossible to get a discount. These pumps never go on sale. The only thing that you may be able to do is get partial insurance reimbursement. Call your insurance company for more info. I live in GA, and we are finding that more and more insurance carriers are covering breastpumps. If they say yes, be sure to ask if they cover rentals or purchases. Also ask if you have to purchase the breastpump at any particular place such as a DME (durable medical equipment) provider.
On a personal note, I think that the Freestyle is basically a bunch of bells and whistles that aren't worth the extra expense. You could buy yourself a new outfit with the money you will save if you buy the Pump Is Style Advanced.
Oh yeah. Call 1-800-TELL-YOU. That's Medela's customer service line. Tell them you are considering different breastpumps (don't tell them you have settled on Medela). Sometimes they send coupons/samples in the mail :) I hope this helps.
I'm very familiar with both of these pumps. They are both the same quality of pump, so it's not that one will be more effective than the other. The only benefit to the Freestyle is that it is hands free. It is not inconspicuous or quiet. It will still be very obvious that you are breastpumping. Also, it is a little more difficult to set up and take apart. If you are working in a private office where you can close the door, it may be a good option because it would allow you to continue working while you are breastpumping.
As far as getting a discount, it is very unlikely. These pumps are expensive because they are very high quality. They are definitely the best pumps out there. So, because of that, it is almost impossible to get a discount. These pumps never go on sale. The only thing that you may be able to do is get partial insurance reimbursement. Call your insurance company for more info. I live in GA, and we are finding that more and more insurance carriers are covering breastpumps. If they say yes, be sure to ask if they cover rentals or purchases. Also ask if you have to purchase the breastpump at any particular place such as a DME (durable medical equipment) provider.
On a personal note, I think that the Freestyle is basically a bunch of bells and whistles that aren't worth the extra expense. You could buy yourself a new outfit with the money you will save if you buy the Pump Is Style Advanced.
Oh yeah. Call 1-800-TELL-YOU. That's Medela's customer service line. Tell them you are considering different breastpumps (don't tell them you have settled on Medela). Sometimes they send coupons/samples in the mail :) I hope this helps.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar