Can you add to refrigerated breast milk to store later?

breast pump only 1 oz
 on Mommy bought a set of Avent bottles. now become her pumping gear and ...
breast pump only 1 oz image



DJ


Sometimes I only pump 1 oz and that is not a lot to waste a bag on (those things are expensive). So I was wondering, if I pump 1 oz tonight and put it in the fridge if I pump again first thing in the morning (I usually get 6 oz) if I can add that milk to the 1 oz that I put in the fridge the night before and then freeze it in the morning. I really need to know ASAP. Thank you so much.


Answer
You can add cold milk to cold milk and cold milk to frozen milk, but you should not add warm milk to cold or frozen milk.

My baby is 7 weeks old but I am only able to pump 1 ounce of milk per breast. Any advice?




funnybunny


I desperately want to breastfeed my baby but I am only able to pump 1 ounce of milk per breast. I'm taking more milk plus but my supply hasn't really increased. I supplement her feedings with formula but I would prefer to exclusively breastfeed. Any advice on how to increase my supply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and no rude answers!



Answer
What you are pumping has no bearing on how much milk you make unless pumping is all you are doing. If that is the case, you need to pump a minimum of 8 times in 24 hours for 15 minutes each with a good quality pump. If you are exclusively pumping, the best pump is a hospital grade pump that you rent from a pharmacy, the hospital, or an independent lactation consultant.

if you are breastfeeding, why are you pumping at this point? If you are collecting milk in addition to feeding the baby, 1 oz. is a perfectly respectable amount. If you do it regularly and chill the milk, you can add more chilled milk to it later and keep adding until you have enough for a bottle. The more the baby breastfeeds, the more milk you will make, and a healthy baby will always do a better job than a pump.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar