Missy D
I have a question. My son went for his 4 month check-up and he was kinda on the short side so now I am getting nervous. He is 13 lbs and 11 oz, he is 23.5 inches long and his head is 40 cm. Are these normal measurements? He is in the lower percentile for height and weight and I am wondering if he is going to be a dwarf... When I was pregnant the dr kept saying he is so tiny... I had amniocentisis done to rule out down syndrome.. would it have detected dwarfism... any thoughts?
he was 6lbs 11 oz when he was born and 19 inches
Answer
It reaaly doesn't have anything to do with his weight at birth... My cousin was 4 lbs 8oz. at birth and my brother was 9 lbs. 3oz. They're the same age now (11 yrs.) and my cousin is head and shoulders taller than my brother and out weighs him by about 15 lbs. It all depends on genetics. When my baby went for her 6 mo. check up, she was in the lower percentiles and she was 7 lbs. at birth. Babies grow and change so much and at different rates that you really have nothing to worry about unless he shows other symptoms, like refusing certain foods, or is sleepy all the time, and even then chances are it's just a vitamin deficiency or something that's easily taken care of by a change in diet. Don't worry!
It reaaly doesn't have anything to do with his weight at birth... My cousin was 4 lbs 8oz. at birth and my brother was 9 lbs. 3oz. They're the same age now (11 yrs.) and my cousin is head and shoulders taller than my brother and out weighs him by about 15 lbs. It all depends on genetics. When my baby went for her 6 mo. check up, she was in the lower percentiles and she was 7 lbs. at birth. Babies grow and change so much and at different rates that you really have nothing to worry about unless he shows other symptoms, like refusing certain foods, or is sleepy all the time, and even then chances are it's just a vitamin deficiency or something that's easily taken care of by a change in diet. Don't worry!
wanting another baby??
Elizabeth
Just tell me I am crazy. I have come to the conclusion I want another baby and mine is only 4 months old. And I wasn't going to have any more kids? Why all the sudden do I wan't another baby? I only wanted one child in my life time, to look after, care for , love, and now another one? Anyone else exsperienced this????
Answer
My daughter was planned. While pregnant, my husband and I decided that we'd wait until my daughter was 3-4 before trying for more children. We knew we'd want at least 2, maybe 3, but we wanted to space them out.
Well, my little girl is now 3 months (in 2 days.) All I can think about is planning for our next baby! I absolutely love my daughter and have no intentions of replacing her! But when you have a baby, it does something magical to your soul. Its like you realize that a child actually expands your capacity to love and care for other people. And you know that you have more love that you can give and just want to share that with another little piece of you.
So yes... normal... very. I keep over-riding my desire to start trying now with logic. I know logically that waiting will offer a better life for my current daughter and more stability for baby #2. So I am all birth controlled up and just daydreaming until we start for #2! lol.
My daughter was planned. While pregnant, my husband and I decided that we'd wait until my daughter was 3-4 before trying for more children. We knew we'd want at least 2, maybe 3, but we wanted to space them out.
Well, my little girl is now 3 months (in 2 days.) All I can think about is planning for our next baby! I absolutely love my daughter and have no intentions of replacing her! But when you have a baby, it does something magical to your soul. Its like you realize that a child actually expands your capacity to love and care for other people. And you know that you have more love that you can give and just want to share that with another little piece of you.
So yes... normal... very. I keep over-riding my desire to start trying now with logic. I know logically that waiting will offer a better life for my current daughter and more stability for baby #2. So I am all birth controlled up and just daydreaming until we start for #2! lol.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar