breast pump pros and cons of manual and electric please?




Stacey UK





Answer
I used electric pump - the hospital grade rental one - and have bought a manual pump just now.
I used to pump vigorously to establish my flow so the electric was convinient.
They say if you need to pump a lot n regularly like everyday or more times a day then electric is best because manual gives you a hand pain n boring. If you decide to breastfeed, not working etc, and you need the pump for occasional use like sometimes u miss a feed or have soreness or not well etc ....then a manual is ok.
Definitely an electric out wins all argument due to convinience but it comes with a huge price - if manual is 30 to 60 dollars then electric is 100 - 300 dollars.
So itit depends on your budget and your frequency of use ......... although i sometimes wish during my tired n drowsy times n im pumping manuallyi wish my hand din have to do the work......though its not very much .....its easy.......but monotunous .......with my avent manual pump, if i pump n hold the milk flows for a few seconds .... i dunno bout the other brands -
So occasional use manual is ok, not a waste of money - electric, definitely worth it n best for regular and long term and vigorous use .
Hope i din confuse u , all the best.

Manual or Electric breast pump?




Tatiana S


I'm doing some research on baby items, and I was wondering if I should register for a manual or electric breast pump. I know the electric ones are faster but they're also very expensive. I plan to stay at home and pump maybe a couple times a day so that I can have a little back up milk in the freezer this way my husband can help with the feedings. Any suggestions? Any particularly awesome brands?


Answer
You sound exactly the same as me. I was a stay-at-home mom but I wanted to have a little emergency stash in the freezer, just in case.

I got the PERFECT pump. It's the Medela Mini-Electric. As a stay-at-home mom and occasional pumper, I didn't need the dairy-farm-grade-hospital-type-of-pump. But I also wanted something that worked well and didn't require both hands.

I used that pump through both of my kids' first years. It worked VERY well, but was small and portable. And dependable too. I dropped it several times on the tile floor and it still works, even now that my oldest is 8 years old (I don't use it anymore, but I still have it for some reason!).

You can use the electrical cord or batteries if you're not at home, and it also has a manual attachment if you needed.

I actually wrote a review on it several years ago, and the title of the review is actually "Perfect for a Stay-at-home-mom". If you're interested, you can read the review (link below). You don't have to join anything or sign up, you can just go and read the review.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar