Is there a effective way to sterilize a used breast pump? Bleach or new parts?




hopefull





Answer
Some breast pumps are safe for multi-users, such as Ameda, Playtex, and Lansinoh because they have a closed system that doesn't allow milk (bacteria) into the tubing or pump area. I would sterilize all parts that have touch the breast by boiling or replacing them with new parts (will still have to sterilize new parts though). Medela doesn't recommend multi-users. However, I use a second hand pump from my cousin (a blood relative ) who is in good health and I know her cleaning habits, etc. I bought all new parts and just used Lysol on the bag part. You should really check with your insurance company because a lot of insurance co's will cover(for free) a breast pump... it's just that most people don't know this and don't take advantage of it. Also, if you are low income you can receive one from WIC as well. Good luck!

where do you get evenflo breast pump replacement parts?




Heather


I have an evenflo electronic breast pump and I have lost both of the valves that came with it. I have been looking at where to buy extra ones but i cannot find them.


Answer
What kind of Evenflo pump do you have? I think that you can order extra parts directly from Evenflo, but if you have one of the lower end pumps, it may be easier to just buy a new one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar