Breast pump vs. hand expression?




Proud momm


I have just had my lil one. I am currently expressing by hand (due to my son being in the NICU for surgery (he's not premie by all means, 42 weeks gestational age), and do have the medical grade pump. I wanted to know how many mom's out there prefer to hand express than pump. I know that a pump will be easier, but I sort of enjoy doing it (minus the squirts across the room lol). And the pump... haha makes a hilarious sucking noise!
lol i felt like a cow when I stuck the "horns" on my boobs! haha! does it get all over? i swear at times i get more on my hands than in the "cup"!!!



Answer
I pumped. It hurt at first and my nipples crack but i used the breastt cream on them and it eventually got better and didnt hurt very much. I just felt it was easier to pump with the pump then to try and manually do it. I wasnt ever good at manual doing it lol.
Oh and tht sucking noise was so embarrasing lol
but if you liek to manually hell do it manually =P It doesnt hurt like a pump does so i dont see the loss in that =P

pumping vs. hand expressing?




pilar


i got to go to school several days a week so i been hand expressing for a month old baby mostly because the hand pump i bought doesnt do nothing for me. hand expressing goes pretty quick the only thing is i can only do it on one breast, it doesnt work on the other, and i fear i may be beating the crap out of my breast and going to make myself more asymetrical than i already am. but i dont want to waste money on an electric pump if it dont work. what have ya'll found out works best


Answer
I was just like you until a few weeks ago. I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and I am breastfeeding mostly. 2 weeks after I had my baby I had to be hospitalized for an infection of the uterus. Because of the meds I was given I couldn't nurse for two days, so I had to pump it and dump it. They gave me an electric pump to do this with. I had never used an electric pump before and I have a handheld one. I was amazed how much more milk you get out. I thought it would hurt and it didn't . Electric is the way to go.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar