BabyBoy Du
I am looking for a good double electric breast pump for a reasonable cost. I am really not willing to pay $150-$200 for it just incase for some reson breastfeeding doesn't work out for me and wold hate to waist that money if I'm only going to get a few uses out of it. Any suggestions would be wonderfull.
Answer
I paid 70 at most for my electric pump. that was at wal-mart i think they have a manual one too. that one was really inexpensive. I would try the manual one first. I liked the electric one better but i really was uncomfortable with renting a breast pump. I know they are clean but it gave me the creeps. If you like the manual then switch to the electric one after a few days check out on line sites to compare prices. there are different kinds at walmart for varying prices.
I paid 70 at most for my electric pump. that was at wal-mart i think they have a manual one too. that one was really inexpensive. I would try the manual one first. I liked the electric one better but i really was uncomfortable with renting a breast pump. I know they are clean but it gave me the creeps. If you like the manual then switch to the electric one after a few days check out on line sites to compare prices. there are different kinds at walmart for varying prices.
breast pumps?
Vanessa M
i'm looking at walmart.com. i'm wanting to buy a breast pump, hopefully a painless one. i'm expecting my first baby and have no idea about breast pumps and breast feeding. which one is a good one to buy? thanks.
do i need a single or a double?
what else will i need for breastfeeding?
Answer
It depends.
Why are you pumping?
The occasional bottle for a night out or a few hours away?
A part time job where you'll be gone for one feeding a day?
A full time job where you'll be gone for more than one feed a day?
Generally, for the occasional bottle you only need a manual, or a single electric pump, something under $100 will work.
If you're going to be pumping for at least one feed a day, or if you are going to have more children and want to have a good piece of equipment that will last, you'll want a better brand and a double electric.
Generally, if a formula company makes the pump, it's crap.
The best brands are Medela and Ameda. I have an Ameda double electric. It was about 180 bucks, but I've used it with two children now and intend on using it for all. It might seem expensive, but 180-200 is still cheaper than a month's worth of formula.
Oh, and pumps don't usually hurt because you can adjust the speed and the suction.
ETA: Technically, the only thing you NEED for breastfeeding is boobs :)
Some things that make it easier--
#1 on the list has to be a book on nursing. If you know what to expect, things will go much easier on you. Try The Nursing Mother's Companion Guide or The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers
2. A Boppy pillow is helpful for positioning
3. Lansinoh disposable breast pads in the purple box---AWESOME!
4. Breastmilk storage bags (they are sterilized, unlike ziplocs)
It depends.
Why are you pumping?
The occasional bottle for a night out or a few hours away?
A part time job where you'll be gone for one feeding a day?
A full time job where you'll be gone for more than one feed a day?
Generally, for the occasional bottle you only need a manual, or a single electric pump, something under $100 will work.
If you're going to be pumping for at least one feed a day, or if you are going to have more children and want to have a good piece of equipment that will last, you'll want a better brand and a double electric.
Generally, if a formula company makes the pump, it's crap.
The best brands are Medela and Ameda. I have an Ameda double electric. It was about 180 bucks, but I've used it with two children now and intend on using it for all. It might seem expensive, but 180-200 is still cheaper than a month's worth of formula.
Oh, and pumps don't usually hurt because you can adjust the speed and the suction.
ETA: Technically, the only thing you NEED for breastfeeding is boobs :)
Some things that make it easier--
#1 on the list has to be a book on nursing. If you know what to expect, things will go much easier on you. Try The Nursing Mother's Companion Guide or The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers
2. A Boppy pillow is helpful for positioning
3. Lansinoh disposable breast pads in the purple box---AWESOME!
4. Breastmilk storage bags (they are sterilized, unlike ziplocs)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar