BumbleBee
There are so many options! I am doing my registry for the baby shower and im getting more and more confused the more research I do, everyone has so many mixed opinions on every product. I am a first time mommy and I am a little unclear on how much i will need to be pumping and storing milk, as well. I'm not working now but how does pumping work when you are not at home and get engorged while you are out? Did you breast feed in public or bring pumped milk with you? Also, what bottles do I store milk in, does the brand or type matter? Can I freeze milk in the storage bags?
I know this is a lot of questions, but any other information you think is necessary will help! Thank you so much ladies :)
Also, what brands of pumps did you like best and would recommend?
Answer
Electric pumps are much more efficient but also much more expensive. If you think you will be pumping on a regular basis at all, buy an electric one. I use a Medela Pump in Style but I have heard good things about Ameda brand too. If you unsure how much you will be pumping or you can always get a manual one (which are never bad to have around anyway) since they are cheap and then you can rent an electric one from the hospital until you know if you will want/need one. Personally, I hate pumping, so if I did not have to work I would just always breastfeed and have a manual one around in case of an emergency or to create a little supply in my freezer. You can always ask for gift cards and buy the electric pump later if you think you want it.
I store my milk in the Medela bags, they work great! You can store in the regular freezer for 5 months or a deep freezer for a year. I use Playtex Drop In bottles to feed him but there are a lot of bottles out there that work well for breastfed babies. Just pick what seems best for you but do not buy too many until you know he/she will take them. Just get one or two to start you out and then go and buy more once you know he/she is ok with them because a lot of babies reject certain or any bottle!
When I out with my baby I just find private places to feed him. I like to use the dressing room at department stores or some bathrooms have a nice sitting area with a couch that is separate from the he actual bathroom that I will use with a blanket over me. Babies R Us and some bigger malls have rooms for nursing moms to use too! I also feed him in my car a lot. I sit in the backseat (with the A/C or heat on if need be) and feed him. It works well. If I am going to be at a place that I know will be hard for me to breastfeed him I will take a bottle but I do get really engorged feeling and will have to breastfeed him in the car when we are leaving or pump when I get home to relieve it! The older hje gets the easier it is. Until recently breastfeeding him anywhere but home was somewhat stressful- but we have our routines down and he is much faster and better at eating now. So do not get discouraged at first when it is difficult, that is normal and IT DOES get easier :)
Electric pumps are much more efficient but also much more expensive. If you think you will be pumping on a regular basis at all, buy an electric one. I use a Medela Pump in Style but I have heard good things about Ameda brand too. If you unsure how much you will be pumping or you can always get a manual one (which are never bad to have around anyway) since they are cheap and then you can rent an electric one from the hospital until you know if you will want/need one. Personally, I hate pumping, so if I did not have to work I would just always breastfeed and have a manual one around in case of an emergency or to create a little supply in my freezer. You can always ask for gift cards and buy the electric pump later if you think you want it.
I store my milk in the Medela bags, they work great! You can store in the regular freezer for 5 months or a deep freezer for a year. I use Playtex Drop In bottles to feed him but there are a lot of bottles out there that work well for breastfed babies. Just pick what seems best for you but do not buy too many until you know he/she will take them. Just get one or two to start you out and then go and buy more once you know he/she is ok with them because a lot of babies reject certain or any bottle!
When I out with my baby I just find private places to feed him. I like to use the dressing room at department stores or some bathrooms have a nice sitting area with a couch that is separate from the he actual bathroom that I will use with a blanket over me. Babies R Us and some bigger malls have rooms for nursing moms to use too! I also feed him in my car a lot. I sit in the backseat (with the A/C or heat on if need be) and feed him. It works well. If I am going to be at a place that I know will be hard for me to breastfeed him I will take a bottle but I do get really engorged feeling and will have to breastfeed him in the car when we are leaving or pump when I get home to relieve it! The older hje gets the easier it is. Until recently breastfeeding him anywhere but home was somewhat stressful- but we have our routines down and he is much faster and better at eating now. So do not get discouraged at first when it is difficult, that is normal and IT DOES get easier :)
breast pump????
Marriedmom
i am pregnant again with my second baby and i was wondering what is the best breast pump to buy and how much is it? i wanted a automatic one. with my first baby i used just breast and fairly ever used the bottle and when i did i had a manual pump that was just too much hassle. i have been to the stores like babies r us and i seen a wide selection rangeing from different prices but i was wondering which one you used and worked best for you? i am going to go straight back to work after this baby so this child will be getting the bottle often.
And another question how often did you have to pump before your breast were filled again? i'm asking because i work as a recptionist at a nursing home so i was wondering how many times round about i would be stepping away to pump.
thanks for the info and congrats to all the new and excepting moms!!!!!
Answer
your breasts are amazing things. they will adjust to your scheduale. if the baby eats more in the morning you will make mroe milk in th emorning. if you pump every 4 hours then your breasts will be full and ready in 4 hours.
medula pumps are fantastic. you can get them anywhere even ebay. but if you find a used one then go to babies r us and get all new tubing and shells.
also many people dont realize you can ask the hospitla for a small electic medula and they will bill your insurence. there are many options out there. dont opt out for a cheap one, many just cant keep up and you end up replacing it for more money than you would have spent on a decent one.
good luck. i pumped for bottles for my 2nd son, i was a microbiologist and pumped at work and froze it for my huisband to feed our sone when i wasnt home. it worked wonderfully till i got pregnant again and lost my milk.
you can do it!!!
your breasts are amazing things. they will adjust to your scheduale. if the baby eats more in the morning you will make mroe milk in th emorning. if you pump every 4 hours then your breasts will be full and ready in 4 hours.
medula pumps are fantastic. you can get them anywhere even ebay. but if you find a used one then go to babies r us and get all new tubing and shells.
also many people dont realize you can ask the hospitla for a small electic medula and they will bill your insurence. there are many options out there. dont opt out for a cheap one, many just cant keep up and you end up replacing it for more money than you would have spent on a decent one.
good luck. i pumped for bottles for my 2nd son, i was a microbiologist and pumped at work and froze it for my huisband to feed our sone when i wasnt home. it worked wonderfully till i got pregnant again and lost my milk.
you can do it!!!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar