question about Well Baby Care and health insurance...?




noodles


I'm looking at individual health insurance plans for myself. I'm not pregnant yet, just looking at insurance in case my husband and I do decide to have a baby. I'm wondering if anyone knows, on the health insurance plan for myself (it's a lifewise plan in Washington, if that matters) it says that Well Baby Care is just a 20% co-insurance pay (no deductible)... so does that mean if I had a baby I would pay 20% of the visit even if only I was insured? or does that imply I would by a separate insurance plan for my baby for him/her to be covered with the Well Baby Care?


Answer
The baby would have to be covered by the plan, either with you or with a separate policy. If you have the policy the baby is not automatically added to your policy, you'll need to contact Lifewise to get the newborn added.

You should also look at other plans. Some plans will have better coverage for the baby. If you contact an agent that works with all the major plans in your area they'll be able to guide you on the best plan for your situation and budget. There is no extra charge using an agent.

caring for a young/baby guinea pig?




MoMo


Im getting a new guinea pig soon because I want my current guinea pig to have a friend since her mother just died. The guinea pig is an adult but shes still young so i think she will enjoy having a young pig to play with and keep her company. Im getting one from the spca so im not sure exactly the age but the woman said it was a mother and her babies but i dont know if they are really young or several weeks. But I was wondering if theres aything special I need to do to care for her food and stuff? thanks and also any tips on introducing the pigs would be great too!


Answer
No, there's no special diet that baby guinea pigs need to go on. You should ask the SPCA for details on the babies' ages. A baby pig shouldn't leave its mother's side until it is at LEAST 3 - 6 weeks old, because the mom needs time to wean the babies off of milk.

On the other hand, baby guinea pigs are perfectly able to eat and digest hay and pellets (aka adult food) from the moment they pop out of mom, so... beyond weaning, there's nothing you need to really prepare for, in terms of diet.

You can look into buying alfalfa hay, instead of timothy hay, for the babies while they're very young. Alfalfa hay is VERY high in protein and calcium and carbohydrates, and adult pigs will not benefit from it. So you should only be feeding alfalfa hay to the babies if they're actually very young. I would just avoid this completely and go straight to timothy hay, to be honest... much less stress all around.

Also make sure that the SPCA has the gender of the babies correct, otherwise you might end up with a pregnant pig. You might want to check yourself, if you know how.

As for introducing... You'll need the following:

- fenced off area in neutral zone
- treats and veggies
- towel

Find somewhere in your house/backyard that is a "neutral zone" -- this means, somewhere that your current pig has NOT been to before. That way, there are NO previous guinea pig scents in the area. Make sure it's a fairly large space, so both pigs have room to move around. Set up a fence or perimeter so they can't escape, obviously.

Put down some lettuce and other treats in the middle of the space you've created, and set the pigs down in the space in opposite corners. Eventually, they'll notice the food, and/or notice each other. You'll want to keep a close eye on them now -- they'll probably mount each other, or bicker, or rumblestrut (rumbling sounds, while swaying hips). All of this is normal. If they start fighting or teeth chattering, do NOT interfere. If you stop them in the middle of their argument, nothing will be resolved and they will simply fight again as soon as you leave them alone. Fighting is NORMAL, as they sort out who's dominant and who's not.

ONLY interfere if blood is drawn. If fur goes flying and someone gets wounded, throw a towel over them. This will startle them into stopping, and you can then separate them with your hand over the towel. I recommend this option, as opposed to sticking your hand straight in between two fighting pigs, because if they're really biting with the intent to kill, they'll also VERY easily rip your skin.

If they fight to the extremes mentioned above, then it's not recommended to continue trying to house them. The general consensus is that once pigs fight to the point of blood, they're set on hating each other for life.

Uhm... I think that's it, lol. I've linked two sources that are also VERY useful to read over, and will also give tips and suggestions that I didn't mention, but are DEFINITELY worth taking a look at. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar