I'm @ leve
This question applies to those who have used store bought breastpumps (electric) and hospital graded ones. Which breast pump do you prefer. I see that the hospital grade costs $1000 and by the time you finish renting it for 10 months, you have paid for the pump. I plan on using it all day, everyday. I have tried Medela and it was okay at first. Thoughts? Thanks.
Answer
I've used the hospital grade medela pump, a Medela hand pump, an original Medela Pump-in-style, and an Ameda Purely yours.
The hospital grade pump I only used once in the hospital. I don't have much opinion on it other than it would be hard to lug around to work. The hand pump I've only used in rare instances. I used it on an airplane once and that's about it.
The Medela Pump-in-style was easily my favorite. Even though somebody gave me the smaller Ameda pump I still lugged my old Pump-in-style to work. I've heard the newer Pump-in-styles are even better. On close examination, I couldn't really tell the difference between the PIS and the Ameda's pumping techniques, but I'd always end up with bleeding and sore nipples with the Ameda.
I've used the hospital grade medela pump, a Medela hand pump, an original Medela Pump-in-style, and an Ameda Purely yours.
The hospital grade pump I only used once in the hospital. I don't have much opinion on it other than it would be hard to lug around to work. The hand pump I've only used in rare instances. I used it on an airplane once and that's about it.
The Medela Pump-in-style was easily my favorite. Even though somebody gave me the smaller Ameda pump I still lugged my old Pump-in-style to work. I've heard the newer Pump-in-styles are even better. On close examination, I couldn't really tell the difference between the PIS and the Ameda's pumping techniques, but I'd always end up with bleeding and sore nipples with the Ameda.
What are the rules about breastpumps and breastmilk on airplanes?
Dragonfly
lol...I'm not planning on pumping on the flight. It's just a very expensive piece of equipment and do not trust checking it.
Answer
The TSA has no specific prohibitions against bringing a breast pump onboard an airplane in carry-on luggage. If you wish to use it while onboard, keep in mind that if it is an electric pump, you may not be able to use it during periods where electronic devices may not be used (during taxi, takeoff, and landing), but there shouldn't be issues at other times.
With respect to breast milk, the TSA generally restricts liquids carried through security to liquids in containers of 3.4 ounces (100mL) or smaller, with as many containers as will fit in a single quart-sized ziploc bag. There are exceptions that are made, however, for certain liquids designed for the care of children, including breast milk. The second link below specifically exempts breast milk from the 3-1-1 liquid requirements, allowing a passenger to carry as much milk as is necessary for the feeding of the child during the flight. The milk should be carried outside of the ziploc bag you have for your other liquids and should be declared to security when you go through.
The TSA has no specific prohibitions against bringing a breast pump onboard an airplane in carry-on luggage. If you wish to use it while onboard, keep in mind that if it is an electric pump, you may not be able to use it during periods where electronic devices may not be used (during taxi, takeoff, and landing), but there shouldn't be issues at other times.
With respect to breast milk, the TSA generally restricts liquids carried through security to liquids in containers of 3.4 ounces (100mL) or smaller, with as many containers as will fit in a single quart-sized ziploc bag. There are exceptions that are made, however, for certain liquids designed for the care of children, including breast milk. The second link below specifically exempts breast milk from the 3-1-1 liquid requirements, allowing a passenger to carry as much milk as is necessary for the feeding of the child during the flight. The milk should be carried outside of the ziploc bag you have for your other liquids and should be declared to security when you go through.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar