Fallaya
I am attempting to re-lactate in order to provide my daughter with some breast milk. Do you think a manual pump would work? I'd like to buy an electric one, but they are so expensive. But, if the electric one would work the best, I'd be willing to pay the money.
Also, how do I stimulate my breasts with my hand (in order to encourage milk production? Is there a specific technique to use?
**My daughter is 7 months old and GUARANTEED will not latch on to my breasts, so I'm just planning to pump what I can and give it to her via bottle or sippy.
Answer
I think you are best off with a good electric pump. Look at it this way- even the expensive ones pay themselves off soon when you think about how much formula costs.
From what I have heard (I only used an electric) manual pumps are fine if you are only going to use them once a week. But you want to use them all the time, so an electric is your best bet.
I had the Medela In Style and I was exclusively pumping it was great. I used it all the time (several hours a day) and after my daughter's first few weeks of life she never had to have formula again. She went from my breast milk start to regular milk.
With breast massage it doesn't matter how you do it. Just massage and squeeze you breasts. Best to do this before and if possible while you pump.
Good luck- I hope it works out for you.
I think you are best off with a good electric pump. Look at it this way- even the expensive ones pay themselves off soon when you think about how much formula costs.
From what I have heard (I only used an electric) manual pumps are fine if you are only going to use them once a week. But you want to use them all the time, so an electric is your best bet.
I had the Medela In Style and I was exclusively pumping it was great. I used it all the time (several hours a day) and after my daughter's first few weeks of life she never had to have formula again. She went from my breast milk start to regular milk.
With breast massage it doesn't matter how you do it. Just massage and squeeze you breasts. Best to do this before and if possible while you pump.
Good luck- I hope it works out for you.
Manual breast pump?
Angel E
I am 32 weeks pregnant and putting together all the final preperations for my baby. I plan on breastfeeding but eventually offering a bottle(of breast milk) to my baby. I was planning on buying an electric breast pump but they are really expensive and I figure why spend that much if I will not be using that often anyways? So, please share your opinions and experiences with manual breast pumps and how they worked for you. Thank you very much.
Answer
A manual breast pump should work fine for you and save you some money. It is all dependent on how much milk you are able to produce and express. I did great with my son-I actually had so much milk I had to throw some away. But, with my daughter, my body did not make enough milk and I had to switch to formula. The hospital where you will deliver should have a Lactation specialist. Make an appointment with her prior to leaving the hospital. She will be able to give you valuable information on breastfeeding. Any breast feeding problems can also be addressed with your pediatrician. Good luck to you and your baby.
A manual breast pump should work fine for you and save you some money. It is all dependent on how much milk you are able to produce and express. I did great with my son-I actually had so much milk I had to throw some away. But, with my daughter, my body did not make enough milk and I had to switch to formula. The hospital where you will deliver should have a Lactation specialist. Make an appointment with her prior to leaving the hospital. She will be able to give you valuable information on breastfeeding. Any breast feeding problems can also be addressed with your pediatrician. Good luck to you and your baby.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar