proud momm
if you pump and give him a bottle how many ounces should he have?
Answer
about 50mls is good, (70mls at most), which converts to about 1.6-2.3 oz.
They eat very small amounts at first and usually if you are feeding only EBM then they recommend a 3 hourly feeding routine. So I would try 2oz every 3 hours and see how much he will take of that. Some feeds he may want slightly more and some feeds slightly less.
You need to pump every time he has a bottle feed if you want to maintain your supply. Pumping for 20-30mins on each breast every 3 hours should be good. This means you'll have an hour of pumping then a 2hour break then back to pumping again.
My SIL was doing this for the first couple of weeks as she could not get baby to latch on due to a nipple shape problem she has. Then she tried AVENT nipple shields and he latched on them beautifully and she has been successfully breastfeeding with shields for 9 weeks now. She hired a hospital grade medela symphony double electric pump and she loved it. It was so efficient and worked better than the avent electric or other electric pumps available at retail outlets.
about 50mls is good, (70mls at most), which converts to about 1.6-2.3 oz.
They eat very small amounts at first and usually if you are feeding only EBM then they recommend a 3 hourly feeding routine. So I would try 2oz every 3 hours and see how much he will take of that. Some feeds he may want slightly more and some feeds slightly less.
You need to pump every time he has a bottle feed if you want to maintain your supply. Pumping for 20-30mins on each breast every 3 hours should be good. This means you'll have an hour of pumping then a 2hour break then back to pumping again.
My SIL was doing this for the first couple of weeks as she could not get baby to latch on due to a nipple shape problem she has. Then she tried AVENT nipple shields and he latched on them beautifully and she has been successfully breastfeeding with shields for 9 weeks now. She hired a hospital grade medela symphony double electric pump and she loved it. It was so efficient and worked better than the avent electric or other electric pumps available at retail outlets.
Questions about getting everything ready for baby?
LoveMyLisi
I'm 13 weeks along and currently looking at hiring a baby capsule and baby bassinette. I was wondering when I should book these for? as in how long before the due date should I have them delivered/installed? Also when should I have everything set up for baby and the birth?
Also I'm planning on breast feeding and buying a manual pump for while I'm on maternity leave to get baby used to bottle and hiring an electric breast pump for when I return to work. Will this work or should I just buy an electric straight out?
This is my first baby and I am 20 years old, if that clears anything up.
Thanks in advance, baby dust to all!
Answer
I would start getting things set up after 30 weeks. I found the electric pump to be too intense for me but every woman is different. Personally, I loved my Avent manual pump. I rented an electric for 2 weeks in the beginning to help get my milk flow moving but after that I could express with the hand pump just fine. Why not rent an electric and see how you like it first before investing in one?
Good luck and congrats.
I would start getting things set up after 30 weeks. I found the electric pump to be too intense for me but every woman is different. Personally, I loved my Avent manual pump. I rented an electric for 2 weeks in the beginning to help get my milk flow moving but after that I could express with the hand pump just fine. Why not rent an electric and see how you like it first before investing in one?
Good luck and congrats.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar