******
I have a question...is there a big diffence between the high dollar ($200 ) breast pumps you see at Babies R Us such as the medela double and the $50 evenflo double I say at Walmart? The are both electric and both double...I just want to know if there is a big noticeable difference in quality between the prices of these??
Answer
There is a huge difference between medela and cheaper ones. Its like the difference between a porche and a kia. You get what you pay for.
With my first child(18 months) I bought the pump in style. Excellent!! Adjustable suction all the things needed for the job, cooler ice pack, battery power ect. Worked so well that not one drop of formula had to cross my baby's lips for an entire year while working full time.
My second child was born a month ago and illinois state insurance paid for an electric double pump of a lesser quality. I tried it and I hate it. Suction not as good, unable to travel, noisy and has to be on a flat surface to work. Ugh!!
My advice is pay the money. This pump will help you be a succesful breastfeeder and if you are planning on having more than one child this pump will withstand multiple children. Also all parts are replaceable and duplicable not so on other pumps.(i.e the membranes tubes bottles colloer, ice pack, ect.)
good luck with breastfeeding.
There is a huge difference between medela and cheaper ones. Its like the difference between a porche and a kia. You get what you pay for.
With my first child(18 months) I bought the pump in style. Excellent!! Adjustable suction all the things needed for the job, cooler ice pack, battery power ect. Worked so well that not one drop of formula had to cross my baby's lips for an entire year while working full time.
My second child was born a month ago and illinois state insurance paid for an electric double pump of a lesser quality. I tried it and I hate it. Suction not as good, unable to travel, noisy and has to be on a flat surface to work. Ugh!!
My advice is pay the money. This pump will help you be a succesful breastfeeder and if you are planning on having more than one child this pump will withstand multiple children. Also all parts are replaceable and duplicable not so on other pumps.(i.e the membranes tubes bottles colloer, ice pack, ect.)
good luck with breastfeeding.
decision for breast pumps..?
Crys
I have high intentions of breast feeding, what is a good automatic breast pump that won't give out that easily? I do not have that much money to just blow, so I'd like a relatively cheap (no more than $200) that would not give out.
Recommendations?
Also, would it be gross or infectious, if you used someone elses' breast pump?
Also, do nursing bras come in handy? Where would some decent priced bras be?
Thank you, I was just making sure! I have some breast pump stuff, what all should I get anyhow?
You can tell when someone is new, I suppose.
Answer
You won't need, or likely even be able to pump much the first month or so while your milk supply is being established so it's not something you need immediately....unless your baby won't nurse. In that case teh hospital should help you and offer you a hospital grade pump rental. You will need a hospital grade pump if you are pumping more then 70% of the time. It's the only kind that is as effective as the baby is at removing the milk. If you do not thoroughly remove the milk, you will eventually lose your supply. If you plan on nurses exclusively, i.e. staying home with the baby, you can get away with a manual pump. Some are just as good as an electric and MUCH cheaper, aorund 50 bucks. I recommend the Avent Isis, which I own. I also own a single electric medela pump. I only use it when both of my Avent pumps are dirty and it's actually slower and more painful then the manual. Single electric will run you aroun 80 dollars. The next one, if you are working full time or gone often would be a double electric. Don't buy into the hype about the 300 and 400 dollar pumps. They are unneccesary and a waste of money! My lactation consultant recommended the Ameda Purely Yours. I've never used it but I've heard good things. The only pumps that are sanitary to buy used are hospital grade pumps. All other pumps allow milk into the motor that cannot be properly cleaned as to be sanitized. Don't use a hand me down pump! That IS gross. Also you will need s few nursing bras, at least 3. Try target, walmarts fall apart easy, motherhood is also reasonable. If you want to spend some money, go to mimi maternity. They are the nicest adn last the longest. You won't be able to unsnap your bra and pull it up cofortable or discreetly under you shirt so you WILL NEED nursing bras. Don't get underwire, they ar epainful and can cause clogged ducts and mastitis. Hope this is helpful!
You won't need, or likely even be able to pump much the first month or so while your milk supply is being established so it's not something you need immediately....unless your baby won't nurse. In that case teh hospital should help you and offer you a hospital grade pump rental. You will need a hospital grade pump if you are pumping more then 70% of the time. It's the only kind that is as effective as the baby is at removing the milk. If you do not thoroughly remove the milk, you will eventually lose your supply. If you plan on nurses exclusively, i.e. staying home with the baby, you can get away with a manual pump. Some are just as good as an electric and MUCH cheaper, aorund 50 bucks. I recommend the Avent Isis, which I own. I also own a single electric medela pump. I only use it when both of my Avent pumps are dirty and it's actually slower and more painful then the manual. Single electric will run you aroun 80 dollars. The next one, if you are working full time or gone often would be a double electric. Don't buy into the hype about the 300 and 400 dollar pumps. They are unneccesary and a waste of money! My lactation consultant recommended the Ameda Purely Yours. I've never used it but I've heard good things. The only pumps that are sanitary to buy used are hospital grade pumps. All other pumps allow milk into the motor that cannot be properly cleaned as to be sanitized. Don't use a hand me down pump! That IS gross. Also you will need s few nursing bras, at least 3. Try target, walmarts fall apart easy, motherhood is also reasonable. If you want to spend some money, go to mimi maternity. They are the nicest adn last the longest. You won't be able to unsnap your bra and pull it up cofortable or discreetly under you shirt so you WILL NEED nursing bras. Don't get underwire, they ar epainful and can cause clogged ducts and mastitis. Hope this is helpful!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar