Cleaning medela breast pump parts question.?




Cu1234


Hi - I am exclusively breastfeeding my 5 week old. I have started pumping since I will have to get back to working shortly. My question is what care do you apply to the medela breast pump parts such as the flanges & bottles? I clean those under cold tap water & the sterilise by immersing in boiling water for 10 minutes after each use. Should I clean those with soap? How do you clean yours?


Answer
I breastfed my daughter for 13 months and pumped the whole time. (Using the Medela pump & go)

Inside my kit I kept one microwavable sterilization bag and a small package of the Medela clean-wipes made just for pumps (found wherever you buy replacement parts.) Every night I would wash the pieces with soap and water and leave them out to dry for pick up in the morning on my way to work.

After each use I would rinse the piece between the shield and the bottle and wipe the shield. Since I mostly pumped at work, I rarely used bottled but instead pumped into the breast milk storage bags instead. They stored so easily, froze perfectly and thawed in a jiffy! Plus, it reduced my clean up. (My daughter actually used the Playtex nursers instead of the medela bottles because the nipple shape was more "breast-like", it never caused confusion. Using the "drop-in bags was very convenient.)

I'm now expecting my second and will use the same pump as before with replaced parts (tubes, shields, etc., etc.)

Do you know of any type of wipe i can carry in my breast pump bag?




bluenaketa


to be able to clean the area before i start pumping. I work full time in a factory and being in a factory it gets hot. When i have shorter breaks it would be easier to have some kind of wipe to use to clean up before i start pumping.
I didn't know if i could wipe off with that and still pump without rinsing off first.



Answer
I think lansinoh makes wipes for the breast. Look in the breast feeding/pumps section at walmart, target or babies R us.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar