C
My first baby is 3 months and I have maxed out my maternity leave so she has to go to day care. I am concerned. There are 2 places: 1 is very laidback (maybe too laidback) but she will get a lot of attention there as she is the only baby (2 max). There are 2 providers that take up to 6 kids each. They said they will never go over 12 kids. That is comforting but they do not offer any type of development program. The other place is a Child Development Center with 100 kids! They have them separated by room. All babies 1 and under go to the infant room. Their max is 8 babies with 2 caregivers (1 to 4 ratio). I am afraid that my baby won't get the attention she needs with so many babies and only 2 people watching them. This place is; however, supposed to be really nice. It looks nice, is organized, and I know a few people that go there.
Have you put your kids in day care at 3 months? If so, how did they do?
Please spare me the horror stories or smart remarks - this is serious. Thx
Answer
I think the best place for a three month old is a home environment. Centers are over loaded and I think babies often end up in cribs or swings. At this young age babies need held, rocked and talked to. I think you would be better off finding a nice place that is a licensed home based program. Try to find the place with the best adult to child ratio. You can always move to a program with a curriculum later in the toddler years. Right now attention and stimulation is critical for development.
I think the best place for a three month old is a home environment. Centers are over loaded and I think babies often end up in cribs or swings. At this young age babies need held, rocked and talked to. I think you would be better off finding a nice place that is a licensed home based program. Try to find the place with the best adult to child ratio. You can always move to a program with a curriculum later in the toddler years. Right now attention and stimulation is critical for development.
Two month-old infant care?
Amber
I will be babysitting a two month-old girl and her two year-old sister this weekend. I have cared for toddlers before but this is my first time with an infant. Any suggestions or tips from moms out there? I'm just a tiny bit nervous since I'll have to keep on eye on both of them at the same time.
Answer
Each baby is different, so ask the mother for how she settles the baby when she cries. I have a 3 month old baby and when he starts to get crabby he's one of the following things: dirty diaper, hungry or tired. So if she starts getting tired check her diaper, feed her and if shes neither of those things she's probably tired. What works best for my baby when he's tired I wrap him up tightly with a blanket, put a soother in his month and walk around rocking him until he falls asleep.
I also have a two year old son and he will either follow me and help me with the baby (like pass me a diaper) or he will play by himself when I am busy with the baby. Good activities for the 2 year old when your tending to the baby are mega blocks, colouring, or watching a movie. And 2 months old usually sleep alot so there will be plenty of time to play with the 2 year old and give her attention.
Babies can also start to cry and not stop. This can be very fustrating for anybody watching the baby. Just remember that the baby doesn't know how to tell you whats wrong, it could be many of things ( pain from gas growing pains, overtired) best thing to do is just stay calm and comfort the baby with a blanket and gentle rocking/bouncing. But if you start to feel overwhelmed lay her down in a safe place, and call somebody for help, never ever shake a baby.
Good luck!!
Each baby is different, so ask the mother for how she settles the baby when she cries. I have a 3 month old baby and when he starts to get crabby he's one of the following things: dirty diaper, hungry or tired. So if she starts getting tired check her diaper, feed her and if shes neither of those things she's probably tired. What works best for my baby when he's tired I wrap him up tightly with a blanket, put a soother in his month and walk around rocking him until he falls asleep.
I also have a two year old son and he will either follow me and help me with the baby (like pass me a diaper) or he will play by himself when I am busy with the baby. Good activities for the 2 year old when your tending to the baby are mega blocks, colouring, or watching a movie. And 2 months old usually sleep alot so there will be plenty of time to play with the 2 year old and give her attention.
Babies can also start to cry and not stop. This can be very fustrating for anybody watching the baby. Just remember that the baby doesn't know how to tell you whats wrong, it could be many of things ( pain from gas growing pains, overtired) best thing to do is just stay calm and comfort the baby with a blanket and gentle rocking/bouncing. But if you start to feel overwhelmed lay her down in a safe place, and call somebody for help, never ever shake a baby.
Good luck!!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar