sguthrie19
I didnt breastfeedc initially because I had a c-section and was on narcotic pain meds and didnt have a breast pump. I went out and bought a breast pump the other day to try to get my milk going again. I dont think I dried up completely because when I squeese my nipples, little milk comes out still, so I think there is some hope. How long do I have to wait or how much pumping do you think I should do to get my milk REALLY going again. Is there something that i'm doing wrong? Baby is out of the question, she REFUSED to get on the tit, and I prefer to pump so daddy wont feel left out in the feedings.
Answer
You should be pumping about every 2 hours. The more you pump, the more you'll make.
Do breast massage and maybe apply heat before pumping. Look at/think about your baby while you're pumping. This may help you let down better. If the flow of milk slows or stops, take off the horns and reposition them on your breasts. Sometimes you can get a second letdown this way. Never pump more than 20 minutes in a session. More frequent pumping/nursing is more effective at boosting supply than longer sessions.
Make sure you are getting plenty of fluids.
What kind of pump are you using? A good double electric such as Medela?
Consider herbal supplements such as fenugreek and/or blessed thistle.
Consider contacting a lactation consultant or a LLL Leader for help recovering your supply.
ETA:
If you didn't nurse or pump for 6 full weeks, it could take up to 6 full weeks for you to see a full supply. You should see some results within about 4 days of increased pumping though.
You should be pumping about every 2 hours. The more you pump, the more you'll make.
Do breast massage and maybe apply heat before pumping. Look at/think about your baby while you're pumping. This may help you let down better. If the flow of milk slows or stops, take off the horns and reposition them on your breasts. Sometimes you can get a second letdown this way. Never pump more than 20 minutes in a session. More frequent pumping/nursing is more effective at boosting supply than longer sessions.
Make sure you are getting plenty of fluids.
What kind of pump are you using? A good double electric such as Medela?
Consider herbal supplements such as fenugreek and/or blessed thistle.
Consider contacting a lactation consultant or a LLL Leader for help recovering your supply.
ETA:
If you didn't nurse or pump for 6 full weeks, it could take up to 6 full weeks for you to see a full supply. You should see some results within about 4 days of increased pumping though.
Breast pumps?
Q. Does anyone have any suggestions on what breast pump to buy? Do you ladies have any suggestions? I will not be pumping all the time just an occasional bottle here and there like when we go out to eat. I am still 31 weeks pregnant jsut wanting to plan. I have no clue so hopefully you can help, thanks ladies!!
Answer
Hi,
I got the Avent breast pump at first because it had a lot of good reviews. I really liked it. It has a soft silicone lining which makes pumping more comfortable and imitates baby's sucking motion. Sometimes I don't even have to keep pumping, just one pump and the milk keeps flowing. The only thing I don't like about it is that it sometimes makes a screeching noise. The other one that I use I got in the hospital. It's the Ameda brand. It's not as fancy as the Avent, but it works well. It can also be used with the electric "pumper" that you can rent. But personally I hate those electric pumps! They make me feel like a cow :) :). Anyway if you'll only pump occasionally - like I do - you won't need the electric anyway.
Just a quick note: I pumped in the beginning between feedings to get my milk supply up. Now, after 4 months I only pump when we go out.
Hi,
I got the Avent breast pump at first because it had a lot of good reviews. I really liked it. It has a soft silicone lining which makes pumping more comfortable and imitates baby's sucking motion. Sometimes I don't even have to keep pumping, just one pump and the milk keeps flowing. The only thing I don't like about it is that it sometimes makes a screeching noise. The other one that I use I got in the hospital. It's the Ameda brand. It's not as fancy as the Avent, but it works well. It can also be used with the electric "pumper" that you can rent. But personally I hate those electric pumps! They make me feel like a cow :) :). Anyway if you'll only pump occasionally - like I do - you won't need the electric anyway.
Just a quick note: I pumped in the beginning between feedings to get my milk supply up. Now, after 4 months I only pump when we go out.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar