Where to find info & products to breastfeed twins? MOM OF TWINS ONLY PLEASE?




mostlyblue


I'm expecting the birth of my twin boys soon. I've never breastfed before. Any good suggestions on books, pillows, breastpumps, or anything else that I will need?

If you have never breastfed twins before, please do not reply. I'm looking for answers from tried & true moms of twins!
Again, I'm looking for SPECIFIC products ONLY - from MOMS of twins who have done this FIRST HAND!

I know how to use a search engine, but would like opinions from moms who have tried them. Thank you!



Answer
I checked out this question in some twins support forums, you might want to check them out.

For the pillow, I found a lot of great reviews on the EZ-2 nurse breastfeeding pillow, as it helps with feeding two comfortably. I haven't heard much on the boppies, and can't find one that's specifically designed for twins.

Breastpumps, I would also go for the Medula. Babies R Us has it, along with a similar one called the "Embrace Double breast pump" which is a little bit cheaper. You can even pump directly into a Playtex bottle. You'll probably want an electric one, as twins will make you too tired to keep pumping manually. Babies R us also posts reviews from people that bought the products from their website, I read some not so good ones on other pumps, so you know that they're very honest about it.

As for books, I can't find any that are specific to breastfeeding twins. Most are for pregnancy, and the first year of life. Or from birth thru 5 years, so on. A really good book is called "Twins! And the first year of life" that shed a lot of light on twins & their birth, and early stuff too. There are some great forums out there that you can post your questions on. But, your best bet would be to get a lactation consultant when you are in the hospital.

I heard from other mothers that you don't have to spend a fortune on nursing shirts & stuff like that. If you don't want an expensive nursing bra, just get some that don't have the underwires in them. Tank tops with built in bras are good too. Everyone I've heard from said also to just wear some stretchy shirts. You can also get some on ebay but the prices for the modern ones are more expensive than most stores' clearance prices, so keep your eye out.

A really good twins forum is from twins magazine. I myself am looking into a subscription.

http://www.twinsmagazine.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar