shele1227
Answer
It depends on how much your baby is requiring. Your body makes as much as your baby needs. Right now, I have a five week old. I've been pumping after she eats so that I will have milk after I go back to work. So, I'm actually producing enough for two babies. After I feed her, I get around 3-4 ounces. At her age, she should be eating around 3-4 ounces. So, if you're pumping for a new baby, you won't get much. If you're pumping for an older baby who eats more, you'll get more when you pump. Good luck and keep at it!
It depends on how much your baby is requiring. Your body makes as much as your baby needs. Right now, I have a five week old. I've been pumping after she eats so that I will have milk after I go back to work. So, I'm actually producing enough for two babies. After I feed her, I get around 3-4 ounces. At her age, she should be eating around 3-4 ounces. So, if you're pumping for a new baby, you won't get much. If you're pumping for an older baby who eats more, you'll get more when you pump. Good luck and keep at it!
breast pump?
Loni P
Is it okay to breast pump a few weeks before my baby is due? I've heard that pumping may stimulate contractions.
Answer
Here is something I found for you!
Nipple Stimulation to Self-induce
This is a practice often recommended by midwives when a woman is long past due or when labor is stalled. Nipple stimulation causes the release of oxytocin, the same hormone that causes uterine contractions. Many women report, however, that the contractions produced from this method are much stronger and more painful than natural labor, but are not any more effective. Please note: In order to use this method for induction, you must stimulate the nipples for long periods of time. The usual recommendation is 15 minutes of continual stimulation on each nipple each hour for several hours. So, the amount of stimulation you may experience during intimacy, while nursing an older child, or while pumping your breasts while pregnant will not cause you to go into labor. The general recommendation on these activities is to abstain from them when your condition warrants doctor recommended pelvic rest. Please check with your practitioner before trying this.
Here is something I found for you!
Nipple Stimulation to Self-induce
This is a practice often recommended by midwives when a woman is long past due or when labor is stalled. Nipple stimulation causes the release of oxytocin, the same hormone that causes uterine contractions. Many women report, however, that the contractions produced from this method are much stronger and more painful than natural labor, but are not any more effective. Please note: In order to use this method for induction, you must stimulate the nipples for long periods of time. The usual recommendation is 15 minutes of continual stimulation on each nipple each hour for several hours. So, the amount of stimulation you may experience during intimacy, while nursing an older child, or while pumping your breasts while pregnant will not cause you to go into labor. The general recommendation on these activities is to abstain from them when your condition warrants doctor recommended pelvic rest. Please check with your practitioner before trying this.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar