Is Avent manual breast pump worth to buy?

Q. Im opting to buy an Avent breast pump. I want to buy the electric one but it is expensive, so im planning to just pick up the manual breast pump. Does the Avent manual breast pump perform well?


Answer
If you have a good milk supply and your breasts get engorged a lot- please invest in electric pump.Using a bad manual pump now almost caused me a breast surgery(i didn't pump the excess milk out,got breast lump-plugged milk duct,that turned into mastitis and painful abscess ) now i know better,i nurse and pump a lot and i use a good electric pump(also from Avent)!
P.S.A few ways to find a good price on pumps would be to check online sites like Amazon,Craigslist and so on.A free American baby magazine gives you some good coupons,so you can save up to 15 % on some baby items.Good luck!

Will I need a breast pump if im a stay at home mom?

Q. I will be going to school online after the baby is about 4 months. My husband works i will stay at home with the baby. Do i really need a breast pump? If so what brand would you recommend? Im reading reviews of different ones online and they are SO expensive! Will it be worth it seeing as how i will always be around?
I was thinking that if for some strange reason i wanted to go out without my baby (moms say they feel like that) i could just use formula right? just in case im not around...or not a good idea? Im not sure..what is your opinion


Answer
If you're a stay at home mom, then you don't need an expensive electric pump, but I do highly recommend a hand pump. I have a Medela Harmony (which is $25 on Amazon right now), and I absolutely love it. It's comfortable and easy to use, and I find I can express a lot of milk very quickly.

When I was home with my daughter for the first three months, I found it essential. It was a huge help when my milk came in and I was engorged, and my breasts were so big and hard that my daughter couldn't latch--I pumped to relieve myself. It also was helpful to sometimes pump so I could leave my baby for an afternoon with her father or grandmother and run some errands. I also found that my daughter was a slow eater at the breast (which I really enjoyed! I loved the cuddle time) but when I was out, it could be annoying to have to stop everything for 45 minutes so my daughter could eat. She was much faster with the bottle, so sometimes I would pump and bring a bottle to feed her when we were out together (and then pump later to keep up my supply.)

There are a lot of reasons to have a reliable hand pump in the house. It was one of my most essential tools, and I highly recommend you get one too!

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar