Manual breast pumps ?




Rosie


Has anyone used a hand expresser to express their milk, in paticular the avent isis as i am thinking of buying this when my baby is born as i think it would be a whole lot easier to express my milk and have it ready rather than try and get my bub to latch on and then the pain of faililng and having cracked nipples etc,. i thought it may be best to go straight on to breast pump?


Answer
I used the following advice below on consumer reports when I purchased my Avent's Isis manual pump here http://www.amazon.com/Avent-Isis-Manual-Breast-Pump/dp/B000066CMV/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1250274905&sr=8-3

With these small pumps, you produce the suction yourself by squeezing a bulb or lever or by manipulating a syringe-style cylinder.
There are many designs of manual pumps on the market. Cylinder, or piston-style, pumps usually allow you to control pressure and minimize discomfort. Some manual models can be operated with one hand. They're easier to use than those requiring one hand to hold, one to pump.

Pros: They're less expensive than electric models and don't need an electrical source or batteries, and often are compact enough to fit in a tote or purse.

Cons: Manual pumps often are markedly slower than other pumps. We recommend these only for occasional use, such as when you're traveling.

Price: $35 to $50 to buy.

Choose this option if: You're a stay-at-home or work-from-home mom and you need to miss only a rare feeding because of a night out; you're traveling or you have plugged milk ducts or sore nipples. A manual pump is also ideal for pumping on the go, in places where electricity may not be available. Look for one with an ergonomic handle, not a bulb, though any small pump could tire your hand and arm and cause repetitive strain injuries if you use it frequently.

The top rated pump is the Avent's Isis manual pump which can be found here
http://www.amazon.com/Avent-Isis-Manual-Breast-Pump/dp/B000066CMV/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1250274905&sr=8-3

are breast pumps only for working moms?




_<3_


Im debating if I should add a breast pump on my registry. I don't work, and will be here all day with my baby, BUT the reason why I want a breast pump is so my husband wont use me breastfeeding as an excuse to why I should be the one to get up and feed the baby at night, he didn't help me AT ALL with night feedings with baby #1, so I want to express milk and keep it refrigerated so he can feed the baby at night every now and then. Sounds like a good idea, or what? Also Im planning on getting the medela manual breast pump, not all that expensive and has good reviews.


Answer
I stayed at home and used a breast pump not only so Daddy could help at night but i did it also so Daddy would feel more involved and build a stronger bond being able to cuddle up with her feeding her!

I think its a great idea expressing if your baby can handle going from bottle to breast then bottle as i have heard some babys cant and get too confused!

Best of luck xxxx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar