What's wrong w/ my breast pump?

Q. Has anyone ever had their pump stop working on them? I have a Medela pump in style advanced and it started making a horrible noise a couple of days ago. It's still working but I have a bad feeling that the motor is going out on it. It's used wayyyy more than average. Has anyone had the motor go out on theirs or any other problems? If so, what did it sound like before it happened? Thanks!
The tubing is actually brand new and is clean. All parts are connected properly. The noise is coming from the motor area. The pump is used every 3 hours. I have to pump exclusively after we went through nipple confusion. It's been used for 5 months and was also used for a few weeks when my oldest was a newborn (he is now 3).


Answer
That's not "overuse" for a breast pump. You may have gotten a faulty one.

The one time I had issues with mine was when I'd taken the whole thing apart (including taking off the plate where the buttons and dials are) and I didn't get it back together just right. If you've taken it apart to clean it at all, you may want to take it apart again and make sure you've gotten it back together right.

I don't know how old your machine is, but it may be worth a call to Medela and explain the situation...they may work something out with you.

I pumped with mine just about every three hours for a year and a half without incident....and it still works perfectly fine. My friend used her's just as hard and she's on her second child now, using the same breast pump...So, what I"m sayin is...they're made to last...at least the Medela's are.

Call the manufacturer if cursory inspection of the moving parts doesn't indicate a glaring malfuntion.

Good Luck!

Which breast pump would be best for expressing at work?

Q. My husband and I are pregnant with our second child and unlike with my first child I am unable to continue being a stay at home mom, because I will have to work but will feeding our child only breast milk I am looking for a new and better breast pump that will be wonderful for expressing at work. I work retail so I don't want to make any of the other employee's or any of the customers uncomfortable with the noise of a breast pump and I need something that will allow me to express enough to relieve engorgement within like 15-20 minutes. I was looking at both the Medela pump in style advanced breast pump and the Medela manual breast pump and I am just so unsure of how well these pumps work. My question is which pump would be best for me to express at work? Thanks for the answers.


Answer
they will all work fine. a manual pump is easy to transport & doesn't make much noise. take the list of pumps approved by your insurance company to your lactation consultant & compare products. trust the advice of the pro, but make your own decision based on your specific needs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar