Are women weird about using a USED breast pump?

Q. I have one on Ebay and it's just not selling. I guess when I was pregnant, I wanted a new one for sure but if money was tight and I couldn't afford a new one (they're pretty darn expensive), I guess I'd have to go with a used one. I mean, it sterilizes in the dishwasher... IDK.... :-/
This is a manual, btw, no tubes or anything. It just goes through the valve and right into the bottle. You can take it all apart and wash it in the dishwasher.


Answer
Manual pumps are a bit different than electrics. Because there's no motor (which is the one thing you can't sterilize on an electric pump) I'd feel better using a secondhand manual pump than a secondhand electric. The thing is, you can easily buy a new manual pump for $35 at Target and other stores--and not have to pay shipping or wonder when the pump will arrive. Most people can afford that, and it doesn't seem like that much money in the grand scheme of things when you are stocking up for a new baby.

On the other hand, with an electric that retails new for $280, I think people are more tempted to buy one used for around $100. It saves a lot more money! I certainly wouldn't do it, but especially in this economy, people are all about saving money.

Breast Pumps?

Q. i need a CHEAP one im broke i see they have cheaper manual ones... are these ok to get ? ive got my eye on the Avent Isis, or is it better to get an electric one?


Answer
What is your situation? I am a sahm and my Avent is perfect for me. If you need to go to work, you should look into something like a medela. You could look for one on ebay or see if you can rent one from a hospital. If you qualify for WIC you can rent one for cheap or free.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar