T_M21
Hi,
I have been bf for 5 months now and would like to start giving pumped milk in a bottle when i go out to places that dont have a mothers room(lots of places like this in my area). I brought a medela swing it cost me $250! But i attach it and turn it on and the milk sprays in until the nipple is fully drawn into it then it stops spraying? Is the funnel too big? I first thought it must be too small and I purchased larger breast flanges but the same thing happened... so annoying!
Answer
Yeah, the first let-down is always the best, but if you hang in there you will most likely have a second let down as well. This is usually what happens when I pump. A good way to extend the let-down is to massage during the let-down or just do breast compressions while you are pumping. This is what I do when i'm expressing at work and it works great for me.
If you have questions about the fit look at this link:
http://www.medela.com/ISBD/breastfeeding/breastpumping/breastshieldfitting.php
I ended up having to buy the very smallest shield that Medela makes to get a correct fit. I found it on Amazon.com.
Hope this helps!
Yeah, the first let-down is always the best, but if you hang in there you will most likely have a second let down as well. This is usually what happens when I pump. A good way to extend the let-down is to massage during the let-down or just do breast compressions while you are pumping. This is what I do when i'm expressing at work and it works great for me.
If you have questions about the fit look at this link:
http://www.medela.com/ISBD/breastfeeding/breastpumping/breastshieldfitting.php
I ended up having to buy the very smallest shield that Medela makes to get a correct fit. I found it on Amazon.com.
Hope this helps!
does any company make a SMALLER breast shield than 21mm?
C N
I have a pump in style but apparently the breast shield is too small. I bought the smallest size available from medela which is 21 mm but according to their site http://www.medela.com/ISBD/breastfeeding/breastpumping/breastshieldfitting.php this still is looking like an incorrect fit.
does any company have smaller shields than 21 mm?????????????
and , do you know if the shields would fit a medela?
If I call medela do you think they could get me a smaller size shield? even though it isnt marketed?
ugh. I can still pump milk using the shields, even the standard 24 mm shields I can still pump. but I am thinking it would be more comfortable with the correct size.
I emailed their customer service today.... If they dont respond within a couple days I'll call them, Liz I'll let you know what I find out.
I have the small ones, they are 21 mm and I need 10 and 12 mm. that seems like a huge difference! LOL
Answer
I have the same problem, I probably need a smaller size, but I can't find em anywhere, and I have looked. On top of exclusively breastfeeding my daughter, I pump and donate an excess of 150 ounces a month for a milk bank in Austin TX. The smaller shield may make things more comfortable, but I havent really noticed a problem getting out plenty of milk with my larger ones. It is really just a comfort issue. Good luck with that. If you do find one, do you mind shooting me an email and letting me know where you got em? I could really use smaller ones too. I think this is the smallest size manufactured...
http://cgi.ebay.com/BREASTSHIELDS-Small-Medela-Breast-shields-x2-NEW-87086_W0QQitemZ180245936143QQcmdZViewItem
I have the same problem, I probably need a smaller size, but I can't find em anywhere, and I have looked. On top of exclusively breastfeeding my daughter, I pump and donate an excess of 150 ounces a month for a milk bank in Austin TX. The smaller shield may make things more comfortable, but I havent really noticed a problem getting out plenty of milk with my larger ones. It is really just a comfort issue. Good luck with that. If you do find one, do you mind shooting me an email and letting me know where you got em? I could really use smaller ones too. I think this is the smallest size manufactured...
http://cgi.ebay.com/BREASTSHIELDS-Small-Medela-Breast-shields-x2-NEW-87086_W0QQitemZ180245936143QQcmdZViewItem
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar