E
Answer
Manual pumps are intended for women who pump less than once a day. They are excellent for the woman who wants to pump occasionally, but not often.
Battery pumps (even if used on wall current) are intended for women who pump once or several times a day. They are good for returning to work or school or similar situations.
Full-sized hospital rental pumps are the *only* pump if you are exclusively pumping. They are the most effective type, especially if you double pump (saves half the time *and* gets more milk).
All of the above notwithstanding, *no* pump will work comfortably for every mother. Just like women have different size feet (and you wouldn't automatically assume you could wear someone else's shoes!), different women have different size breasts. What fits one woman will be excruciating for another. Sometimes, this can be fixed by getting a different-sized flange (talk to the manufacturer), but sometimes, it's just not the right pump for you. Luckily, a pump will fit many more women than a pair of shoes!!
Manual pumps are intended for women who pump less than once a day. They are excellent for the woman who wants to pump occasionally, but not often.
Battery pumps (even if used on wall current) are intended for women who pump once or several times a day. They are good for returning to work or school or similar situations.
Full-sized hospital rental pumps are the *only* pump if you are exclusively pumping. They are the most effective type, especially if you double pump (saves half the time *and* gets more milk).
All of the above notwithstanding, *no* pump will work comfortably for every mother. Just like women have different size feet (and you wouldn't automatically assume you could wear someone else's shoes!), different women have different size breasts. What fits one woman will be excruciating for another. Sometimes, this can be fixed by getting a different-sized flange (talk to the manufacturer), but sometimes, it's just not the right pump for you. Luckily, a pump will fit many more women than a pair of shoes!!
Is an manual breast pump as good as an electric?
Lindsey
I am going back to work tomorrow and my son is 2 days shy of 10 weeks old. I don't feel like lugging my electric pump to my work just yet. So tomorrow I'm taking my Medela Manual pump. I've used it before and it works great, but as for my milk supply (just for tomorrow) will it be affected if I just use the manual pump for now? I am also coming home on my lunch break to actually breastfeed my baby, but the in between times I'm going to manually pump. Will I be ok just for tomorrow?
Answer
I got the electric pump last week and I prefer my manual pump! I tried the electric .. no luck! I got WAY more out of my manual pump! And you are only using it part-time while you are at work. You shouldn't have any problems whatsoever!!
good luck! God bless!
I got the electric pump last week and I prefer my manual pump! I tried the electric .. no luck! I got WAY more out of my manual pump! And you are only using it part-time while you are at work. You shouldn't have any problems whatsoever!!
good luck! God bless!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar